• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vehicle Maintenance Aide

Mos68x

Hey guys, thought I would put this up here to help you guys out with your maintenance records. When I was in the Army one of my extra duties was to ensure that the shop maintenance records for the BN aircraft were up to date. I used Excel and all people had to do was put in the date and aircraft hours when they completed an inspection. I have used this format for my own personal use on vehicles as well. I modeled most of the worksheets to resemble the actual DA forms for ease of use (and my own memory), so if you had any experience filling those out then you shouldn't have any issues with working with the file.

I have always watched my fuel economy and just merged the two together so that all I had to do was keep up with my fuel logs and it would let me know when I had an inspection or maintenance to do. I just finished updating the -18 Inspection logs in mine for all the M939; Before/During/After, Weekly, Monthly, Annual, and Biennial inspections and maintenance according to the 9-2320-272-10 and 9-2320-272-23-2 TMs. You can also use this for your civilian vehicles as well, and I left all the information from a couple of old vehicles in it as well so that it helps you understand how to use it.

There are a lot of formulas in this aide so be very careful before you go editing stuff to use for your own vehicles, it could mess up other things in the file. The -18 has formatting in it that will show you when you have an inspection or maintenance due. Of course it doesn't have ESP or anything, you just have to make sure that you at least log your miles once in a while in the MPG. The MPG form also has a cell in it that will let you know when you have something due and when you look at the -18 you'll also see that I have it setup so that it will "alert" you when you have something due soon as well. There is also the -13-1 for logging all of your faults as well so that you never forget to fix something.

I hope that you guys find it as useful as I do and if you have any questions about how to use it feel free to ask.

Reminder, it is only populated with M939 inspections right now, but you can easily adapt the worksheets in the file for any of the trucks.

Vehicle Maintenance SS

Time for me to go out in this stifling heat and do a full biennial PMCS on my truck....ugh, I'm definitely not looking forward to this!

Mos68x

I've added all the lube points from TM 9-2320-272-23-5 WP0820 to my personal copy and have also made changes to the formulas so that you can put N/A in any Completed cell if the particular inspection doesn't apply to your truck, like no front winch or no propeller shaft. As soon as I verify and add the lube points from LO 9-2320-272-12 I will update the SS version of the file, hopefully that will be today or tomorrow since I'm still trying to do my PMCS at the same time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks