• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Veterans Parade Columbus GA.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK y'all it's time to start begging for drivers to help the CAMO Crew get the Veterans Parade squared away this year.

If anyone wants to bring their own vehicle I highly encourage it but I have to tell you we have enough cargo deuces/5tons already here.

The parade will be held here in Columbus on Saturday 9 November.

SPECIFICS:

I need to know if you want to include your own vehicle and what type not later than 17:00hrs Tuesday 22 Oct 2013 because I have to turn in the list of vehicles with descriptions in march order on Wednesday 23 Oct 2013. (Sorry, no exceptions).

Anyone that does not report for duty on time (07:00hrs) will be shot, beaten, publicly humiliated, dragged behind a deuce and then turned over to BabyBear for his amusement.

Uniform is optional but it must be in good taste as I reserve the option to deny participation by those I feel do not represent the spirit of the parade.

After the parade CAMO will sponsor some sort of cookout/feast yet to be determined but I will assure you it'll be good.

Here is a partial list of folks that expressed interest in driving CAMO vehicles while we were at the GA Rally:

EMD
FERRO
73m819
MDMORGAN/W
Sandcobra
Atomic
Patracy
walkerhunter

I know there are a few others but I can't remember right now.

Please respond here and/or by PM to comfirm you will participate.

Once a battle roster is made I will assign vehicles to drivers and "tweak" as needed.

The parade has grown every year since we started it and I expect the same this year.

If anyone wants to participate but not drive you are more than welcome, we need "troops" to ride in most vehicles.

I'll post more as we get closer to the parade date.

IFS OUT

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Sir, Will report at the ordered time

To me, this is a HONOR to be allowed to help, thank you

3dAngus

I am from Columbus and my Father served there. Maybe this will be the stimulus needed to finish my M-37 being done in his honor. I might want to drive my M-37 with M 101a1 trailing in the same manner as what he carried back in the 50's.
Will give you an answer by the prescribed time on the 22nd. Thanks for the Head's Up.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will BE THERE ON TIME, and I will have ferro's carcass with me, dead or alive. If he's dead, he can ride in a truck. If he's alive, he will drive a truck.:tank::driver::mrgreen::naner:

zout

Deb and I will be in Joker Wild M909 there. Unless I hear otherwise from you we will not bring the van with the tow hitch on it.

That means Ron has to be at our DZ ready to rock & roll at no later than 4:30 am Saturday. No way am I missing breakfast and I know how his tape worm is and Deb will be knawing on her arm waiting for a refill on coffee.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be there with EMD. hope to drive the Navy jeep and trailer again. I will wear my Johnny Cash's and SP arm band. Anyone from SC want to tag along let me know! It is an amazing parade for sure.

zout

I have the M43B1 Ambulance down there awaiting a DRIVER - if you can make it to display it - it would be an honor - come in your POV but come however you can - you will not believe how utterly fantastic this parade is from start to finish.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PB, I'm going to see if my Dad will come as well. (Ret. Army Reserves) If my brother-in-law is in town (Navy), I'll see if he'll come too. Just not sure when he's going to be coming in on leave.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB, I'm going to see if my Dad will come as well. (Ret. Army Reserves) If my brother-in-law is in town (Navy), I'll see if he'll come too. Just not sure when he's going to be coming in on leave.
Your Dad is welcome and please give him my personal invitation. If he doesn't wanna ride in an MV he can ride in my dually pulling the M114.:papabear:

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I know I usually drive the M816 but I thought I would drive our M915 down, so if you have a trailer you want to throw behind it you can do that.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mahala, the WC-22 matches the "Rosie the Riveters" time frame. Do you wanna drive the 1941 WC-22 or "your" M37? It's up to you lady.:papabear:
I asked if the WC-22 would make it out to the trails. But I got a quick response to that.

I guess we'll see if a WC-22 can go airbone on hardball.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK y'all...so far the only vehicles coming from outside the compound are:

Zout's M909
Daniels M915
Dell's M37 (maybe)

I gotta know for sure this evening so I can get the registration in tomorrow and start working on a drivers list.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks