• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vic 1-What positions for switches?

Flyingvan911

I am putting a Vic 1 in my deuce and am not sure how the switches on the 1780 and 2298 boxes need to set. I have searched but haven't found anything specific on switch settings. I have heard if the switches aren't set right, the Vic can be damaged.

I have a RT-524 on a MT-1029 mount. I am going to run two 2298 boxes off of the 1780 amp. I am using H-161 E/GR headphones. I want to be able to use the intercom and PTT for the radio for our convoy to the D-Day rally. I know how the cables need to be connected thanks to a previous post I found with this diagram.

Attachments

rorybellows

god, those things are sweet. we had them in our 1114s over in the sand box. they dont like sand and no maintenance. sure beats trying to yell over engine and road noise. we had all for hooked up to the sincgars, so target aquisition for other guns was almost instantaneous. for what its worth, i believe up was in truck, middle was nothin and down was for radio comms. dont know the series numbers

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
They are good systems but for me I talk to myself too much. Real problem is, now I'm answering.

BTW--there is an internal switch in the MT1029 mount that has to be set correctly iot use the VIC-1 and radio. If you still have issues transmitting, there was a thread on here about 2 years ago about how to correctly set those internal switches to the correct position.

Last edited:

Boatcarpenter

MT-1029 Internal Connections
A few customers have reported that their radio is dead after it is installed in their MT-1029 mount. The problem is not the radio it is the connection inside the MT-1029 connector box. The jumpers inside the box can be set for LOCAL or REMOTE operation. Unless you are using your radio with a AM-1780 (VIC-1) system the jumper should be in the LOCAL position as shown below.
This is a picture of the newer style connections. The red wire with the green stripe should be connected as shown.
This is an illustration of the older mounts that use moveable links. For local operation the links should be connected as shown.

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

My friend Allan gave me a 1029 mount that seemed to be dead. We switched it out for one that works. I bet the switch was the problem. Thanks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 11-5830-340-30 covers the Vic-1 system

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks