• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-3 Intercom system - want to integrate cell phone into vic-3 system? what is the voodoo magic interface

belted_guns

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
I am getting many of the components to add to my "new to me" M1151A1 that will eventually arrive (post euc, repairs, and shipping). I just received my vic-3 intercom system. Has anyone successfully added cell phone operability to this system? there must be a bluetooth to analog audio interface?

I am gonna have fun "kitting" out this thing. here is a picture of the intercom in test mode

Oh, i know i could have bought the ruggedradio solution.

Attachments

BLK HMMWV

The only person that used to offer anything stopped making them.
He made two versions of it. Gen 1 wasn't Bluetooth. Gen 2 was
I may have his gen 1 version still available if I can find it. I'd let it go for $150 shipped in the U.S.
I have yet to install my intercom in my truck. It's on my to do list.

Last edited:

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting thread as I was unaware of a bluetooth adapter for the Vic system. I went with a aviation Flightcom system in my M998. Looking forward to your progress. Since you are adding all kinds of cool stuff to your truck have you thought about the Iris quiet power inverter? I have one and they are flawless.

Mark

s-l400 (3).png

Reactions: OBX

belted_guns

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, probably will add AC.
I am wondering what the interest would be if I could build 20 units. I used to run a batch level electronics engineering business . If I could get the schematic and a bit of original knowledge, I could develop an end product price and time-line. Circuit board, bom, complete or some level in between.
Does anyone have current contact with that person?

belted_guns

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found the original thread with Augi. but I am yet to be able to send direct conversations. I will work on that access.

belted_guns

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FInally finished my phase one of the VIC-3 installation with dual bluetooth adapters from #augi

I used four of the ffcs with the mcs. since the hmmwv was not designed for four ffcs, i had to figure out where and how to mount them. after thinking about it for several weeks and trying different mount options, i ended up with a totally simple bent aluminum bracket that i cut myself.

1) brackets bent, drilled, and started to paint. this was the first top coat after metal primer. I did three green coats.
2) final finished mounted and cables run.

you can see i mounted each in the upper inside corner to be easy to reach, read, and out of head hit range. I ran the cables and then used cable clamps and mainly drilled and tapped for 1/4-20 screws to make it easy for locations.

If you have any questions, fire away. it may not be legit locations or shock mounted cable runs, but it works great for my application.

Next up will be installation of a RIT, and then a marine stereo, and a 2meter Ham radio (GRS included)

Attachments

belted_guns

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh also, those bluetooth adapters from Augi? they work exactly. perfect for this type of installation. I am gonna make a new box that will enclose them both, because i can and want to. otherwise they are gtg. I think he has more of them. if you want to use your vic-1 or vic-3 with bluetooth, Augi is the way to go.

belted_guns

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh also, those bluetooth adapters from Augi? they work exactly. perfect for this type of installation. I am gonna make a new box that will enclose them both, because i can and want to. otherwise they are gtg. I think he has more of them. if you want to use your vic-1 or vic-3 with bluetooth, Augi is the way to go.
Got the box redesign finished and printed. I mounted it on the underside of the tray.
Ya'll are welcome to the cad stp file.

Attachments

belted_guns

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sure. here is the STEP 2003 file. See if that works for you. Interesting. I can not upload stp files. but it does allow zip. here it is zipped. I have a Bambu Labs printer. if you can use the STL file i can provide that.

Attachments

tgejesse

sure. here is the STEP 2003 file. See if that works for you. Interesting. I can not upload stp files. but it does allow zip. here it is zipped. I have a Bambu Labs printer. if you can use the STL file i can provide that.
Any chance you have the lid file/design as well?! Came out perfectly!

Attachments

belted_guns

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used the original top cover and screws, one less thing to print. Also, I would not use PLA or other really in-expensive plastic, it can not handle the heat during the summer. I used PAHT-CF, good stuff but it does shrink a bit so you might have to monkey with the overall size.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks