• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vietnam 50th Anniversary Event, 18-19 June 2016

tstone

There is an event being planned for the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War. Please check out the 2 links below for more info. The event will be held at the Timonium Fairgrounds in Timonium MD the weekend of June 18 and 19. I spoke with one of the administrators last week and she was very excited to have military vehicles of that era available for display. The organizer of the event is MPT (Maryland Public Television).

Of the 2 links that I posted; the first is general info and the 2nd is for registration. If you decide to display a vehicle and want to be with the Steel Soldiers group mention that somewhere in the registration application. I am going to find out if there will be electric available, if not, any period correct generators will be welcome. I'll be bringing my Dump, Wrecker, MKT and maybe a the 818 and a water buffalo(with potable water). I'll also ask about camping next week when the MPT office is open. I'll update this thread as more info becomes available.

I am leaving for a job this morning and won't be back till around 9:00 tonight so I wont be able to respond to any questions till tomorrow.

mpt.org/lzmaryland

mpt.org/lzparticipant

Thanks,
Tom

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made a thread for this a couple months back titled LZ Maryland. Is there a way we can merge the two?

tstone

Jim, I'm not sure how to merge the two threads. When did you start your thread?

The latest info that I got today from MPTV was that they extended the deadline for registration and will allow anyone that wants to display military vehicles - equipment to do so until May 20. I believe that the online application still states March 31 as the deadline. There is no cost for anyone that wants to display any military vehicle or equipment. If you decide to register be sure to ask for a space that will adequately accommodate your vehicle. I was able to acquire a space of 20' x 80' for 4 vehicles.
I also asked about displays of pre or post Vietnam vehicles, they were OK with pre or post Vietnam vehicles as long a person designates what era vehicle(s) he may display in the application. Their intention is to group era like vehicles together. Please be sure to mention Steel Soldiers in the application as they will try to keep our vehicles together if possible.

The guy that I spoke with today from MPTV, Fred Shinbur, will be up at Aberdeen on Friday next week to check out a sample of the vehicles that will be on display.

I hope this clears up any questions.

Thanks,Tom

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I met Fred back in March and started the thread then. I was hoping to get some of the local guys involved, but I'm not sure how many stepped up.

I filled out my registration a few days ago. I told them about both of my vehicles, so I'm anticipating enough room. I'll be at Aberdeen so I'll see Fred there. Hopefully we can get a few more people involved from there.

I was hoping that one of the admins would see the thread and merge them for us. I don't know how to do it either.

Thanks for the info Tom.

Jim

foxtrk2

hey guys got my reply from mdpt last week accepting my off to display ill be bringing my nam era contact truck down see you there

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was contacted by Fred Shinbur today and he said they want more vehicles if they can get them. You can still register and display your vehicles! Feel free to put Fred down as your contact on the form. His email is Fred.shinbur@mpt.org

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks