• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Voltage gauge pulsing after startups

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see this question constantly on the interweb and social media, this isn't a debate about deleting the box or anything else, it’s purely informationa.

The pulsing of your gauge is “after glow” on the glow plugs, it’s a function that keeps the glow plug tip warm for approximately 2mins after cold start. This feature is and was quite hard on electrical components if your familiar with such components. This feature was normal for all start boxes from PCB through EESS series. During this 2min period, all your lights if turned on will pulsate as the rise and fall of the voltage rises and dips.
Upon the release of the S3 smart start box, the pulsing of 24v to the GP’s was replaced with 2 minutes of 5vdc constant, this 5 volts is not visible as a draw on the voltage gauge, this new feature no longer plays havoc on on the electrical component, thus another reason to upgrade to an S3 box.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
RWH and gang....That is correct.

The CAMO-4-GA tester shows this "glow" pulse clearly. Also check ALL of the other "BOX" internal functions in a real world loading, in a bench setting. No need for diesel fumes. LOL

Best one can do is to watch your volt meter for proper operation. At night head lighst on... Stay for the party or flashing gang signs.

Where good things R made better, CAMO

BOX CASE.jpg Tester with slave.jpg

POPCORN TIME... See the machine.

Last edited:

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you built a machine that can simulate start box failures on cold winter evenings?

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Have you built a machine that can simulate start box failures on cold winter evenings?
Same box... does it all. Don't forget you may need to pair it to the TSU in the truck in question. Could be the box ? Could be the TSU ?

What seens to be the problem? Summers on the way, CAMO

Last edited:

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A friend of mine sent me a Nartron S3 for parts. I opened it and it looks new inside. No barbecued capacitors, grilled relays. (There’s a shong-chuan in it, but it looks good on the outside).
Which components typically break down in it? Does anyone have a circuit diagram?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks