• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vynl top repair

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just installed a vynl cammo bed cover this morning. The top has some pinholes. And the drivers side front corner has a tear where it attaches to a round black plastic anchor. The tear is about 1/2 inch long.
Has anyone sewed, siliconed, or otherwise repaired small holes/tears in these? what did you do/use?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shoe-Goo or some other type of silicone with a small piece of similar tarp material used on the inside as a patch works really well. Sewing workd also, but then you have to seal it up to retain water repelancy.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use the tent adhesive out of my tentage repair kit. Works fantastic buy the stuff is crap brown and if you apply too much it does't look that nice. The stuff is some type of contact adhesive.

houdel

Could also try an upholstery service or an awning/boat cover repair shop. They should be able to repair the tear, use shoe goo from the inside on the pinholes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks