• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Want to buy M37 metal top

Travlr

EDIT: I found a top.

I'm looking for a metal top for my M37, any condition as long as it is structurally sound. Must be complete. Paint, surface rust, dents, don't matter. Willing to pick up in Utah and surrounding states. Will pay shipping as long as it stays within my budget.
Also looking for the rear seats or at least the hardware.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Travlr

Thanks for the list. I think it was surplus jeep and vintage military truck parts that came up obsolete web sites. I didn't click on them all, but will.

M54a2weasel

Call Idaho motor pool they have a metal one there that I put on my m37 the back fit perfect but the top was short. I could have saved myself $600 if I would have just bought it and modified it.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ken , it's just a channel with the fixed window on the right and the moveable window on the left . I looked for a LONG time before I found my M37 with the correct hard top , kinda rare at this point , I will wander out to the barn when it stops snowing out , 50's yesterday and snow today !!!!! LOL Bob k

Travlr

Ken , it's just a channel with the fixed window on the right and the moveable window on the left . I looked for a LONG time before I found my M37 with the correct hard top , kinda rare at this point , I will wander out to the barn when it stops snowing out , 50's yesterday and snow today !!!!! LOL Bob k
How hard is it to find the seats for the bed?
I'd buy one of the arctic tops if I could find one too.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How hard is it to find the seats for the bed?
I'd buy one of the arctic tops if I could find one too.
I picked up the metal seat tracks and seat backs from Midwest Military , I also think Vintage has re pops also , you may also find some of the parts on Fleabay , wood is 3/4 red oak that I planed and edged and oiled . They should be painted , but I like the natural look of the oak ,

Travlr

I picked up the metal seat tracks and seat backs from Midwest Military , I also think Vintage has re pops also , you may also find some of the parts on Fleabay , wood is 3/4 red oak that I planed and edged and oiled . They should be painted , but I like the natural look of the oak ,
I checked out midwest military and can see they will be a valuable source. Not sure which "vintage" site you are talking about but the link in another post to a vintage site is disabled. Do you have one that works? Thanks much...

John Mc

Thanks for the info! I have to rebuild my bows and was wondering what flavor of wood I needed!
White Oak is a really good choice. It's strong, and significantly more rot resistant than Red Oak. Both can be really eye-catching, if you have good wood to work with.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking for a metal top for my M37, any condition as long as it is structurally sound. Must be complete. Paint, surface rust, dents, don't matter. Willing to pick up in Utah and surrounding states. Will pay shipping as long as it stays within my budget.
Also looking for the rear seats or at least the hardware.
Thanks in advance.
I have a number of a man who has a hard top for sale. PM sent with his name and number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks