• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WANTED: 308 ar design help

Superhonk

I just started kinda working part time at a manufacturing company helping them out in exchange for being taught how to run cnc mills and lathes as well as injection molding machines. The best part is I can use the equipment to make whatever I want whenever I want. I do a lot of 3D printing as a hobby but have no experience making my own 3D models or using any type of CAD programs. I really want to make some .308 ar lowers and maybe even uppers. I was wondering if anyone on here could help design what I want to make using a haas vf3 cnc milling machine.

Micmada

I just started kinda working part time at a manufacturing company helping them out in exchange for being taught how to run cnc mills and lathes as well as injection molding machines. The best part is I can use the equipment to make whatever I want whenever I want. I do a lot of 3D printing as a hobby but have no experience making my own 3D models or using any type of CAD programs. I really want to make some .308 ar lowers and maybe even uppers. I was wondering if anyone on here could help design what I want to make using a haas vf3 cnc milling machine.
That should not be too hard given all the 80% kits and 3D printing kids out there with CAD drawings already. There are some basic dimensions to keep so as to fit the internals and powering them. I have only a little experience with CAD, however I think the biggy in there is the mechanical engineering involved as far as predicting structural forces and velocities of parts. Serbu has some youtube videos on the subject, and although he has a lot of experience, he has had a few mishaps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks