• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wanted: M-416 Hub

undysworld

I have found that one hub on my M-416 trailer has been damaged by a bad bearing/race. The new race just rattles around in the hub.

Has anybody got an idea where I might find a replacement?

From what I can tell, my trailer is an early M-416, and has a hub which is separate from the brake drum. The hub casting reads: 6517 and D48078, if these identify it.

Thanks for any help.

Paul Underwood
Blue Mounds Wis.
608 437-3465

Last edited:

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
When you say rattles around do you have any idea of the clearance using a feeler guage? .002-.003 maybbe . I have used a good quality punch and "pinged " the race seat to get a bearing snug . This might help. I`m sure someone will know where to find a hub. Good luck .2cents

Last edited:

undysworld

Hi Neil,
Thanks for the input. Yeah, I've seen that done on main bearing caps on an engine before.
I haven't mic'd it, but it seems like .020-.030. It's huge. I though about cutting the hole big enough and finding a different race to fit. I don't even know if that's possible, though.
I also thought about using shim stock to fit it, but that seemed like a long shot, and not even sure that it would be located correctly that way.
I'll double check whether your suggestion will work, but I'm afraid I'll have to wait for a different hub.

Paul

undysworld

I FOUND ONE! :-D:-D
It added extra expense to the project. :cry:
FYI: I purchased one from Steve at A&P Truck Salvage out of Oklahoma City. He's a pretty interesting fellow, and if/when I get out that way I'd sure like to stop in and look around. (405)262-6353

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks