Wanted : skilled Allision Technician or M1078 Expert to….

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Diagnose my very noisy pending nuclear disaster M1078AO transfer case / transmission dilemma……

SOS

Central Florida…..

large cash denominations await…..

PM or email if you can help

debunker99@gmail.com

THANKS ALL!

Last edited:

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree .. but the amount of bearing material I removed from the TC is a small fraction .... I wonder where the rest resides....
But my intent is to have a "profession tech" isolate the source of the noise to a reasonable certainty... Im not sure that the C6 thrust bearing is the end all be all source of the noise ... a little 4 inch bearing making a noise akin to the world ending at @30mph...lol..

and once a consensus is reached, TC swap only or tranny swap or anything in between is when I start throwing $$$ at a technician.... after 45 years of busting my a**, I've reached a point where I can pay someone to perform the work....it's a good feeling ...a well deserved feeling ..

and if I can help a fellow SS member with their kid's college fund...that's a good feeling as well...

Last edited:

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
based in your patient tutelage over the past 2 weeks I will take your expertise to the bank...
but being a cautious individual that I am, an in person diagnosis at a cost of a few hundred $$$ would make me sleep better before throwing 5 digits at the truck..

btw..your battery charge advice worked like a champ..after 1 hour on the charger, cleaning the terminals, adding a bit of dialectric grease and a splash of distilled water..she fired right up..!

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree.... that will be the probable outcome...now where do I find a depot/vendor refurbed unit and a reputable shop to do the install?....I wonder how hard the local CAT service center would laugh?.

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is a member on the SS forum who works at Acela in Montana..they make super high end expedition trucks based in the LMTV family.... I told him of my tranny woes...he said they have done a ton of tranny swaps involving the LMTV.....their A team gets in done in 10 hours and charge a flat rate of $2500...

but I'm in Florida..the butt of many a joke..

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mtp maybe. Just the labor for the trans swap is probably in the 5k range.
unfortunately I think MTP has gone belly up...I have been trying to contact by both telephone and email.... all for naugth....no one answers the phone and emails are returned as "Blocked "...

Phoenix77

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to have a new transmission put in my 1078 and "new to it" transmission was $3,800 with labor ~$3,700.

Since then, I've gone through a couple more transfer cases, with none of the material in the screen to the transmission.

I have done two (2) transfer case swaps - the second one all by myself. It completely sucks.

See if there is a Clarke Power down there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks