• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WARNING

dmetalmiki

ALL .S. steelsoldiers enthusiasts (at the VERY LEAST!) CHECK WITH A ""RELIABLE"" (or known) S.S. Member or U.K owner club member B E F O R E entering into BUYING and (then)shipping VEHICLES from the U.K.!!!
It has come to attention of variouse clubs over here that VEHICLES BOUGHT UNSEEN (and described as this that and the other) are definately N O T ! ! ""this that and the other""..and purchasers in the U.S. H A V E ! been .."""taken""" (( for a (BAD) ride!!))). any one reading this (especialy) with an interest in EASTERN BLOCK VEHICLES ""Take HEED" and please place this WARNING on the Steelsoldiers relevent forums. Therer IS one badly hit U.S. enthusiast in maryland I believe, and I will post information and or have him "post" his experience when our club emails hisi details and/or he wishes help from us...(hope he reads this allbeit too late!!)

dmetalmiki

My last post whiich is now deleted stating the two companies listed by EZFEED were not "irregular in conduct" now proves to be wholy inacurate!!!.. sadly he IS RIGHT ON THE MARK. (as more info comes to light).((viz. the companies listed ARE AFFILIATED (and run by??) A PROMINENT U.K. ((and U.S. affiliated U.S.)) ""russian/eastern block vehicle sales and service outfit!!!)) .one person ("possibly? badly hit in the U.S.") mentioned is the president of the indiana chapter of (no less than) the M.V.P.A. so can any member assertain the TRUE facts and possibly let us all know IF the warnings bear (true) merrit. then suitable warnings and or guidence posted.

EZFEED

Yep, sory bout that but I found it out looking for accesories for my PV3S. They never could give me a definite price and their whole buisness practice made me suspect. I had some friends over there check them out and sure enough its a racket.

Dmetalmiki, you have a PM :)

tatra813

Ive been trying to buy a attatchment for one of my trucks a Mortar Investments. The communication is very spotty and I dont hear back for a while etc. Has anyone had bad experience with them in particular?

Thanks
Dean

EZFEED

tatra813 said:
Ive been trying to buy a attatchment for one of my trucks a Mortar Investments. The communication is very spotty and I dont hear back for a while etc. Has anyone had bad experience with them in particular?

Thanks
Dean
I hope you didn't send them any money Dean, that whole bunch of so called "companies" is run by a bunch of guys and they are no more than "in between" dealers that will sell you someone elses products after tagging a hefty fee on it and calling it their own. I've never been burned by them but a friend I know has. One transaction was good the next they evidentaly couldnt get the part anymore but said they had it in stock waiting for his funds and kept his money and just to let you know, it was in excess of $700. Best to make person to person deals or deal directly with whomever the countrys military or military disposal dealers are. If we have an embassy in the country you are looking for parts in then sometimes the advisors can help.

PM sent

tatra813

I had multiple e-mails regarding a expensive part $3500 plus shipping, we negotiated a price this is with a month or so going between e-mails, me always waiting for the reply, they always claiming they were doing training in the mountains. The last email I told him how do I send the money and I never heard back yet, I was nervous if I sent money it might be months before they had time to ship it or if they would even ship it at all. They did send pics but that doesnt mean much.

I was hoping to find someone that has had good luck with Mortar investments. They actually had ads in steelsoldiers classifieds also. I havnt heard of a bad experience yet , just speculation, but it makes me nervous to do anything unless I can verify at least a couple good experiences.

EZFEED

Do yo know anyone in CZ that can preview their inventory? We have a member here that lives in CZ, his username is czechnology. You may want to check with him about previewing stuff. Like I said, these guys will sell you stuff that they dont necessarily own or have clearance to sell so its a 50/50 thing if they have it. They look professional but thats just a guise.

For something like what you told me you were looking for you wil most likely have to have it trucked to Germany to be shipped frieght. My friend Joachim Wetz with Transglobal in Germany ships for me and will also do inspections, etc for very little. You can contact him at jwetz@transglobal-logistics.de and talk to him about it and he can get people in CZ to verify and secure the item. Tell him Patrick Martin referred you and he will give you the best rates. I had my truck shipped land and ocean for very little with him and he's a straight shooter and will do ya right! :D Also, for any 813 parts, you may want to try Poland and not CZ because of the land shipping cost.

dmetalmiki

dodgy dealers

Yep! ALL the prevoiuse comments DO (DO) apply..the so called "" propiretory"" companies are just *pay me in full" and (then?) they go look and mebbe try and find what your looking for!!..If it turns out 2 b a B.O.S. TOUGH!! (no recourse)IF the item turns out 2 b better /exellent..then its sold for a higher price to another sucker!! (after all YOU PAID FOR THE DEAL and it costs them nothing!! so..they are all (one man band) linked together. you can see more comments and the """ NAMED""" (company /outfit/PERSON) running this...errr ..military sales org!)..I i'm reluctant to name /shame them..B U T..try zil131.co where they DO unreservably post "down to the KNUCKLE critizsms about "specifically named companies/orgs/PEOPLE to AVOID!)..contact IMPS MVT OR members of s.s. YOU know(of) who will and can give (absalute) true advice and guidence!!)..I can point anyone in the right /correct/direction For E.G. and direct onwards to suitable genuine sources. \lets all keep this nightmare "field " to a minimum!

EZFEED

RE: dodgy dealers

Dmetalmiki,

Just to let you know.....I sent you a PM about the temperature sensor on your PV3S. Please let me know when you can bud! :)

dmetalmiki

overheat

my praga does not go over 80 c no matter the load. i(towing jeep) and I NEVER go over 32 mph!! cos they only sposed to go 60 ks aniway! which iz 28 mph..it will go 35 but rattles and shakes like crazy) they aint a motorway thing! lol..slow sure and steady..i'm afraid

EZFEED

RE: overheat

Do you think mine spiked because of the reduction of the oil flow when it got plugged up????

Speaking of rattleing and shaking...maybe the 11.5 ton body helps smooth the ride cause I run on the highway sometimes sustaining between 30-35mph and it rides smooth as silk :lol:
Only thing I wish it had was a more positive power steering unit....this 12VDC one is ridiculous and only good for when you know a turn is coming up. :?

dmetalmiki

probs with praga

will you email me direct so that I can address your (mentioned) problems.. as this is not the forum and I cannot fathom out how to reply direct your email. and pragas v3 does NOT have power steering!!???..and I did not see a comment on "plugged" ((oil?/air?) another fan wont do it... await DIRECT contact. via my email address.

vtunimog

I have delt with Mortar a few times, they had a super clean Kraz 255b on their website for awhile but getting information is pretty difficult. I do not think Excalibur is affiliated with them, but I cannot be 100% sure on that. Excalibur is a large operation selling worldwide, I do know that there are some folks out there who have waiting a long long time for parts or vehicles from them. They have an affiliate here in the US (Texas I think) who contacted me. He was primarily importing for a large armor collector in CA.

I have tried Poland but have had trouble as they dont' really have many Tatra's there, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Germany (sometimes) , and of course the dealer network for Tatra is always a good bet if they can locate surplus for you though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks