• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Was Stranded at gas station in Newton Grove, NC.

DanM7890

I cannot find the source. Trans is still running oil so that's an option. When driving oil pressure was good.

oil level is ok.

Last edited:

DanM7890

Mod can change the title. I'm going to baby it and check the levels down the road. I had a towel and wiped everything down so the leak should be more visible.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hit it with some engine cleaner, then wash it of. Start and let run for a few and then look. What I thought was a cracked cover turned out to be the failed o ring on the heui pump.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dan,

Sorry, I can't get away today. But, looks like you've found it. Keep adding until you get home.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I think the issue was air compressor putting stress on the area. If the timing cover is cracked you have to replace it. I remember this being discussed before in a thread.

coachgeo

try some of the ultraviolet light stuff. You add to the liquid leaking..... in this case looks like engine oil. clean everything. Start her and let it leak a little. Then with an Ultraviolet light you can trace it back to the exact point of leak. Here is an example. Not recommending this product...... just offering it up the site as place to go learn more about it. http://tracerline.com/automotive-leak-detection/ most autoparts places sell their version of this these days.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to get you home safer, get a can of brake clean- clean the area and jb weld quick set on the crack to slow the leak till it can be replaced.

DanM7890

I'm stuck again and it's bad this time. I kept my eye on the pressure and it dropped and the light came on so I pulled over. I will need help. I'm located on HWY 40, just before Raleigh.

Attachments

DanM7890

Maybe I can just keep adding oil? How low is the oil for the light to come on and the pressure to drop?

also can a mod change the title, I'm on the side of the highway.

Last edited:

coachgeo

I'm stuck again and it's bad this time. I kept my eye on the pressure and it dropped and the light came on so I pulled over. I will need help. I'm located on HWY 40, just before Raleigh.
Sorry can't do anything from here. Been there.... bent that...... glad your break down will still end up many grands less costly than mine did. IMHO Juanprados suggestion above might get you further along to a big truck shop? CAT repair shop maybe? That and tightening up few things like Compressor bracket to lesson vibrations that caused the issue in first place.

Overall guess it matters how much space is on your Credit Card. It is either leave it at a big rig repair shop or CAT place for repair and get flight home, or friend/family for ride home (and back after shop fixes it). Other option is to take time and a handful of grease monkey friends to go little less costly. For that choice, hopefully there is a SS member or someone out there where you can park her. Either way your going to have to find somehow/someone in Charolett willing to come get you three hours from home unless you can take the time off work to deal with it now? Might have to wait for parts then go back out a few weeks later with rig full of tools to swap the cover out and investigate further. If you got time to do it now.... find a CAT place near your location to see if they have a cover? If you can wait then turn lemon situation into lemonade.... use the time to upgrade... do fan upgrade to newer style while your in there.

Is yours 3116 or 3126 CAT?

Hoping the best for you!!!

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OP down again, needs help in Raleigh!!!

That's too low to run, without risk of wiping the motor. Good luck! Wish I was close.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks