• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

water pump pulley

infidel got me

Does anyone know of a source to purchase a 5 groove waterpump pulley? I did google it and came up empty. Flea-bay has pretty chrome ones, but they are only 3 groove. I've heard that you can remove a alternator belt and use that groove. I would rather do it right and use the 5 groove. It is a 6.2 liter. Thanks for any help.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is actually 2 part numbers and nsn's for it. One is a red dot and the other is the military supply version. Confused me (does not take much :) )when I was looking for mine. My thought is to do the pulley at the same time I do the 200 amp conversion and the a/c in the spring.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the 5th groove is for adding a/c. Interesting that I "think" they use a double belt clutch on the compressor but only drive it with one belt.

74M35A2

infidel, buy two 3 groove pulleys, cut 2 grooves off of one, and have them TIG welded to the other 3 groove pulley. Just don't pull yourself out from under the car using the floor jack handle.

infidel got me

74M- n....... the last time we went head to head you got my drivers license suspended-------- with that being said and not to say anything to offend your wife or anyone else the truck is not sitting on my chest this time---- m16 luv you as always

Lazboytt

I have a pancake V-belt compressor so I got the newer style mount for the pancake compressor but that does not have any adjustments on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lazboytt

I wonder if they make a tensioner for the V-belt or if I would have to pick up one for the other belt and switch to pulley on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks