• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC-14 Rarity/Value

Jeff Nelson

I searched and didn't find anything so here goes... I might have a line on a WC-14 that is fairly complete and really in pretty good shape. Does anyone have a reasonable guess on its value or whether or not one is all that rare? No. I don't have pictures yet. Sorry. I'm asking because I'm an M35A2 guy and a newb to the WCs. Thanks in advance for your help!

Bill W

Its basicly a closed cab T-211 ( it shares the same parts list as most of the other 1/2 tons) but with that particular model ( WC-14 ) my book states they only made 268 of them so yes they are rare.
The original engine was a 218c.i. ( 78hp )

Bill W

Tinwood
My book shows the wc-14 as a closed cab, you have a pic of a open cab, do you have different info about this truck???

Jeff Nelson

Its basicly a closed cab T-211 ( it shares the same parts list as most of the other 1/2 tons) but with that particular model ( WC-14 ) my book states they only made 268 of them so yes they are rare.
The original engine was a 218c.i. ( 78hp )
Thanks for the info! I was going to do a power train swap so I could use it as a daily driver with restored body. However, if it's that rare, it would be a shame to modify it. So.... game plan change. If I do manage to snag it, it will be a restoration instead.

Thanks again for the help. Does anyone know about what a decent shape WC-14 would go for? I don't want to pay too much for it, nor do I want to put the screws to the owner.

FrankUSMC

Jeff
The half tons had higher gears than the 3/4 tom WCs, so they are faster. They will run about 55, just depends on the traffic flow if you could still use it as your dayly driver.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Bill W

Yes the WC 1/2 tons had 4:89 gears and 7:50 X 16 tires. ( not as tall as the 9:00 x 16 )
My WC-21 ( T-215 ) could run circles around my M-37

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks