• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weekend work

kurtkds

Now that I have some motivation, I figured that it was time to get the m105 up to spec again.

The trailer had been apparently a parts rig for someone and had been robbed of parts. At the time that didn't concern me too much since I didn't have a tow rig with air brakes or a 24V system. I wired it up for 12V flipped the Lunette eye over and ran it behind my Blazer.

So this last weekend the Wife was out of town and the 2 teenagers had there own things to do so that freed me up for some Guy time.

Time for musical parts.

I've got a m103 that I purchased shortly after I got the m105 because the m105 didn't have the landing gear, talk about a PTIA hooking up. :lol:

I ended up pulling the Master cylinder, air diaphragm, flex line, and the air supply line from the m103 and installed on the m105. With a quart and a half later and the help of my 14yr old daughter running the air line I've got good brakes again.

The next item was the electrical. I pulled the pigtail, some of the harness and the light assemblies from the donor rig and installed on the m105 and checked for proper operation.

The final step will be fresh paint and new canvas.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good. Does the 103 have the relay valve and dual air lines? Might be worth swapping that over too.

kurtkds

Yea it does. That will probably be a project for another day. I figure that I'll pull those parts out later on this week or maybe I'll pull them when I get home and set them aside for a rainy weekend project in the Garage.

Thanks for the extra motivation to get that done too. :D

kurtkds

RE: looking good

That last pic of fresh paint reminds me that there is a drop down leg on the m103.. Where did I put that wrench??? :eek:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks