• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weight of a Detroit Diesel 6V53T

L1A1

Any ideas what the weight of a power pack is out of an M548A1? It's the same one used in the M113A2 so it's a Detroit Diesel 6V53T with the Allison X200-3 cross drive transmission.

Matt

steelandcanvas

Thanks. I think the term "Powerpack" includes the transmission as well (but am not 100% on that).

Matt
I believe you are correct about the term. I couldn't find the weight of the assembly, so I thought I could find individual weights and add them up...thought I could get close. Seems Allison is a little tight-lipped on their specs for products sold to defense companies.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont know of the weight, but we used to pull 548 packs with a 5t wrecker, but it didnt matter if we broke it b/c we didnt own it.

L1A1

I believe you are correct about the term. I couldn't find the weight of the assembly, so I thought I could find individual weights and add them up...thought I could get close. Seems Allison is a little tight-lipped on their specs for products sold to defense companies.
I did the conversion of the metric weight given in that link to lbs and something must be off. I really don't think that powerpack as a whole weighs in at 8T?!

Matt

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 6v53 turbo was used in the M113A3, not the A2. The M113A2 had a regular 6v53.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks