• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weight of Cummins crate engine for M925-A2

MrChuckles

I just bought a new-to-me M925 with a converted dump bed. Itg comes with what appears to be a remanufactured engine. It will arrive to me in the back of the truck. I'm concerned I don't have any equipment big enough to unload it. Does anyone have an idea what the crate motor might weigh? My mini exec can lift around 3,000 lbs, but no more.

Thanks,

Chuck

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I just bought a new-to-me M925 with a converted dump bed. Itg comes with what appears to be a remanufactured engine. It will arrive to me in the back of the truck. I'm concerned I don't have any equipment big enough to unload it. Does anyone have an idea what the crate motor might weigh? My mini exec can lift around 3,000 lbs, but no more.

Thanks,

Chuck
8.3 is around 1650lbs dressed. Probably a 400lb crate.

MrChuckles

Thanks,

Chuck
Just to follow up, the motor and crate combined weighed about 3,500# to 4,000#. My mini-ex couldn't handle it. I ended up paying a guy $70 who was delivering sheetrock to use his Moffet. It was rated at 6,000# and placed the motor nicely in the corner of the shop.

Reactions: 98G

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just to follow up, the motor and crate combined weighed about 3,500# to 4,000#. My mini-ex couldn't handle it. I ended up paying a guy $70 who was delivering sheetrock to use his Moffet. It was rated at 6,000# and placed the motor nicely in the corner of the shop.
A small cam motor weighs that. So the engine you are wanting this post to refer to is an nhc250 which weighs 3600 in the crate and not the smaller 8.3l of the A2 trucks.

Maybe a mod can correct the title.

2 different motors in 350 cubic inch size difference

MrChuckles

A small cam motor weighs that. So the engine you are wanting this post to refer to is an nhc250 which weighs 3600 in the crate and not the smaller 8.3l of the A2 trucks.

Maybe a mod can correct the title.

2 different motors in 350 cubic inch size difference
Thanks. When I originally posted I didn't know the differences in the A2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks