• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Welcoming newcomers to Camp Plymouth

papakb

We're receiving plenty of calls regarding the upcoming Camp Plymouth but there seems to be some confusion about it that I'd like to clear up. For those of you looking to attend for the first time this April it's important to know that this event is first and foremost a CAMPOUT. Currently because of our size we've relocated to the Plymouth facilities but this event was originally created to get everyone together around the campfires to socialize, carouse, and swap stories, tall tales, and possibly a fib or two! Exaggeration and procrastination will not be tolerated! The swap aspect came along naturally but the vehicle showcases were done intentionally. Please keep in mind that this is nothing like an MVPA convention with formalized indoors vendors tables. We bring our own if we bring them at all. Half the time the parts are layed out on the ground or on tarps. In the 49er RV Park they don't allow any tenting and in the Fairgrounds we're restricted to trailers (non-travel types), toy hawlers and tenters. Sleeping in your military vehicle is acceptable.

I'd like to reiterate that all reservations and space assignments are done thru JoAnn and all registration forms should be mailed to her. PLEASE do not call the Park directly other than to confirm your reservation and/or payment. All RV site payments will be made directly to the 49er Park and all Fairgrounds space payments should be sent to Joann along with your registration forms. These forms are available on the MVCC website at www.mvccnews.net or upon request thru JoAnn.

As we hopefully move back into a more normal April event here's wishing everyone a safe journey to Plymouth and a note to please stop by Fairgrounds site 112 to say hello to JoAnn, the Lady that makes this all happen.

Kurt Lesser

Last edited:

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We're receiving plenty of calls regarding the upcoming Camp Plymouth but there seems to be some confusion about it that I'd like to clear up. For those of you looking to attend for the first time this April it's important to know that this event is first and foremost a CAMPOUT. Currently because of our size we've relocated to the Plymouth facilities but this event was originally created to get everyone together around the campfires to socialize, carouse, and swap stories, tall tales, and possibly a fib or two! Exaggeration and procrastination will not be tolerated! The swap aspect came along naturally but the vehicle showcases were done intentionally. Please keep in mind that this is nothing like an MVPA convention with formalized indoors vendors tables. We bring our own if we bring them at all. Half the time the parts are layed out on the ground or on tarps. In the 49er RV Park they don't allow any tenting and in the Fairgrounds we're restricted to trailers (non-travel types), toy hawlers and tenters. Sleeping in your military vehicle is acceptable.

I'd like to reiterate that all reservations and space assignments are done thru JoAnn and all registration forms should be mailed to her. PLEASE do not call the Park directly other than to confirm your reservation and/or payment. All RV site payments will be made directly to the 49er Park and all Fairgrounds space payments should be sent to Joann along with your registration forms. These forms are available on the MVCC website at www.mvccnews.net or upon request thru JoAnn.

As we hopefully move back into a more normal April event here's wishing everyone a safe journey to Plymouth and a note to please stop by Fairgrounds site 112 to say hello to JoAnn, the Lady that makes this all happen.

Kurt Lesser
Sounds great I guess I'll have to see what the price of diesel is then!

papakb

As of February 11th there are still sites available at the 49er RV Park and the Amador County Fairgrounds.

Please remember that all reservations need to be made thru JoAnn Lesser at: mvcccampmistress@yahoo.com. (Note there are three C's in that address.)

Site payment for the 49er RV Park are made directly to the Park after your reservation is confirmed. Reservations for campsites in the Fairgrounds are collected directly by the MVCC.

Major Asstyrd

Sounds great I guess I'll have to see what the price of diesel is then!
Maybe you can organize a MV convoy from San Diego? Others could join you along the way, maybe at stops you make in Orange and LA counties according to a schedule. You might get some takers if you put the news out in the Southern California Military Vehicle Collectors Club newsletter. I don't know if the San Diego MVCC has a newsletter or email list. They have a forum on the other popular MV message board website but it and the SoCal forums don't seem to be used much. You are welcome to post convoy info on the MVCC forum there, and on the Events forum.

The nice thing about a line of MVs on the highway is only the guy in back gets hit!

If you would drive your M1083A1 and have the bed empty, you could carry someone's jeep and have that person chip in for fuel. There is a double height loading dock next to our tent camping village at the fairgrounds.

I drove down from idaho last year with a 26’ enclosed with stuff to sell and it was a lot of fun. this year i will be hauling my hmmwv and stuff to sell. the fuel cost will be high but based on last year’s experience… well worth it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks