• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

well,guess I will be doing the rears now.

FreightTrain

Banned
Went and pulled the rear axles today to check the bearings and found no grease.Just a bunch of gear oil.Guess I will be doing the rears like I did the front.I noticed that on 3 there was a little Volcano cone looking thing on the keyway where the oil was comming out and sludge was settling around it.On the 4th the outter seal looks bent pretty bad.Thankly the inner seals held cause there was no leakage on the rear end.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've gad great success using sillycone in the keyway. I make sure the spindle as clean (use brakleen) as is the inner part of the wheel bearing. Once I have the bearing in place, I squeeze some goo in the keyway uder the bearing then install the outer seal and bearing nut.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovry4x4 said:
I've gad great success using sillycone in the keyway. I make sure the spindle as clean (use brakleen) as is the inner part of the wheel bearing. Once I have the bearing in place, I squeeze some goo in the keyway uder the bearing then install the outer seal and bearing nut.
:ditto: