• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Westach EGT gauge ?

rivired

I Recently found this thing in a drawer...it came off a quad i bought back in the day...

Im wondering if this could be used on my Deuce as a PRyo?

it reads from 400-1600*

it has the 2 small pin style connection on the back..what type of coupling is this considered?

Ive searched on google a bunch and cant get a clear answer of what type of sender deal i need.

Any info is appreciated!

Attachments

neb4x4

I put a PYRO on my Dodge Cummins, it was a new gauge. But the probe that came with it had 2 ends like the one you have.... But they were "eye-lets" that went on a stud with a nut and washer. Not that that's what you have to have. Just find a probe and solder the ends on. Either way I don't see and difference from your gauge to mine. Other than a "lighting wire and ground"

You should be able to get just the probe seperate.
Try this link Auto Meter

Hope it helps!!!!!!!!!!

JDToumanian

The instructions that came with the k-type thermocouple for my ISSPRO Turbocator pyro / boost gauge warned NEVER solder to the connecting wires of a thermocouple, they said to use screws and crimp-on ring-type terminals only. I don't know why...

Jon

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The basis for a thermocouple is to measure the voltage that develops between two dissimilar metals and the metals (wires) have to be the same all the way to the gauge. If there are additional metal to metal junctions along the way, there may be errors introduced.
A connector or plug made for a particular thermocouple, like "K" type, must have the same contact material as the thermocouple wires.
Soldering without first having a good contact between the thermocouple wires would introduce an error. I'm pretty sure that soldering can be used once a good metal to metal contact between the wires has been made.

If the probe is purchased separately, make sure it's a K-type and that it is made for this particular application. Also, observe the color coding to keep the wires going where they are supposed to, through connectors and to the back of the gauge.

jwaller

I have the same gauge in my 818. call westach and they will sell you the new sensor. you can get it in a clamp on or screw in. those two leads on the gauge use a slid on connector that is very snug and will not come off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks