• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what all is needed when replacing engine rear main seal

jsthnt@gmail.com

I have read several post on replacing the rear main seal in a M35A2, but none of them said before you start you should get these parts and have this ready.
Can some of you that have done this before give a list of parts (part numbers) and tools that you should have on hand when starting?
If there are any additional parts that are recomended to replace when it is appart would be appriciated as well.
Should the clutch plate and other clutch part be replaces since they have been getting drinched in oil or can they just be cleaned?
Thanks for the help

ATPTac

If you have the money, I'd go ahead and do all the clutch components. It would suck to have all that apart, put it back together, and then the clutch go out on you in a few months, especially if its soaked with oil. Whenever we do them at work, we always recommend doing a clutch kit. It's well worth it. Just my 2cents.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks