• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are these?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Maybe the brackets that hold the tube for shackles? I don't have a cucv so I don't know. I can only go by the marks on the bracket.

ida34

The are brackets that attach with the lift bracket mounts at the rear of the M1009. There is a rectangle tube that goes from one side to the other and the pintle hitch mounting plate attaches to the middle of the rectangle tube. The tube reinforces the bracket that the pintle mounts on since the bumper on the M1009 is so flimsy compared to a step bumper.

Does your truck have a receiver hitch installed? If so they probably took off the rectangular tube since it is in the way of the receiver hitch. This will also weaken your pintle hitch if you use it. My solution was to cut the tube down and mount it to the hitch side plate. Now I have the best of both worlds.

Goose2448

I can tell you that one goes on the right and one on the left.;-) It looks to me like a shakle of some sort for mounting something on the frame.

I bet that you will find that these things dont even go on your truck, they were just thrown in there as a temp storage place and forgoten about.

Mudstone

thanks guys... i now looked at that page in the TM and i see the pieces... restoring my pintle has just gotten once step more difficult as i'm not missing one more piece. the bar that goes under these. :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks