• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What branches of the military used the mule

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think it was pretty well just the Army and Marine Corp. Could be wrong though. Never saw a blue one...but there's always a first!!
We always try to stay as close to correct as we can, but if an MV is needed for a particular event..and ya don't have it....sometimes ya just gotta use what ya got and improvise.:roll:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Here is a USN one from our least favorite auction site:

The seller says: "Bought this in the mid ninties from DRMO in Hawaii, This might be the only NAVY mule. This mule did not appear to have ever been used off road when I purchased it. It still has the NAVY blue paint, however the paint is not great, The rollbar was done by the military and the only mods by me have been the electric start. "

You can barely make out the USN on the riveted plate. See pictures.

Goes without saying you should take the seller's claims with a grain of salt. People selling things aren't historians, they are sellers.

Attachments

crankshaft45

When I got my mule I noticed the data plate was embossed with both army and marine info. There was also a navy computer scanner tag on the front edge of the bed. I just assumed it was either purchased or released from service through navy procurment. Original color appears to have been O.D., but someone had painted it black.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks