• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What date codes are on your Humvee tires?

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Read lot of stories about tires. Many trucks / trailers came from auction with Goodyear Wranglers MT/R's, 37x12.50Rx16.5 LT, those big fat bad boys. How about sharing the date codes on those tires that your running from auction or surplus?
It's the 4 digits in the oval on one side like 2215. 22 = week, 15 year.

Got MT's ? What's on your HumV survey, CAMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1123 had a 2009 rebuild and came with MTs with date codes of mid 2008. They were all out of round and some dry rot from sitting in the desert sun for a decade.
Currently the rear tires have 1108 and 1408 date codes from a trailer I bought, and the front tires are 4400, so older, but they were stored inside in the dark for the past 12-14 years, so they appear to be in better shape than the ones that I pulled off.

DREDnot

My 1993 M998 came with 95% tread M/Ts from 2001. Out of round and weather checked.
Replaced with a nice set of BFG Bajas from 2011 that had been balanced well by the previous owner

Ajax MD

My truck had bias-ply tires and I think the date code was 2008.
I just shifted to Wrangler MT's. I don't think they were a whole lot newer. If this truck were a daily driver or highway runner, I wouldn't be using these tires. They have good tread, though.

Daves86

Bought with 1803, 4805, 0410 and 0909 and 03 is looking a little dry rot. Thanks for doing the survey, it made me look at my tires a little closer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks