• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What happens when they get crossed?

MilitaryRestoration

What are the effects or damages that could happen when the 'red' line (in picture) is connected to where the 'blue' line (in picture) and you drive with it like that. Buddy of mine helping to get the transfer case in got them switched and I didn't notice till possibly too late... i'll get opinions first then i'll say whats happened/happening. Thanks guys

Attachments

Stan

Well I only have questions to add. Manual transmission? Whats it on? Air or oil lines? Where do they go? What do they do? I know no help just curious.

54reo

Well I only have questions to add. Manual transmission? Whats it on? Air or oil lines? Where do they go? What do they do? I know no help just curious.
Looks like the air lines to the M809 series 5 ton transfer case.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If those are the lines that shift the t-case sprag from forward to reverse and back (and they appear to be), nothing good can come from swapping them. :( It's sort of like backing up and then starting off in 2nd without going to 1st (the sprag is still in reverse). I hope that is not the case, but if there was any bad noises when he started off, the t-case might need to be pulled...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks