How about what I've done to my Jeep in the last week?
Way too much to write now, so I'll sum up lol. Went to replace a damaged bumperette on the '52C and ended up putting in a whole new crossmember! Somewhere along the way, this old horse backed into something way more stout than it, buckling in the rear crossmember and diagonal braces underneath the tub, wrinkling the tub floor and snapping the drivers bumperette which was jankily repaired.
I've now got the new crossmember on and the hitch plate is lined up and welded in place. Gotta shoot a little paint before the bumperettes and lift shackles go back on and then it'll be good to go again.
View attachment 892565
This was the reason for the mess to begin with! A buddy sent me one of his take-offs from a project to replace this one.
View attachment 892566
Thinking a little bit of fire could help take some of the bend out....it didn't.
View attachment 892567
I ended up getting these mostly straight, and if I had any smarts, I'd weld on some small square stock to get some rigidity back in these.
View attachment 892568
After taking out most of the wrinkle in the floor, there's still a little mushrooming. I'm not sure if I'll go back in and try to flatten it out anymore.
View attachment 892569
Used the plasma cutter, torch, cut off wheel and Sawzall just to get all this off!
View attachment 892570View attachment 892571
I screwed up and cut into the backing plate, so I had to fab up a new one.
View attachment 892572
A 15/16" socket helped square up the layers before welding it into place.
View attachment 892573View attachment 892574