• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this crap?

TenTires

Ok, so I have some UMO that I was thinking about tossing in my tank and just for the GP of it I decided that I would look in my tank to see if it needed a cleaning or whatnot before I did. Lo and behold when I looked in there, there was all kinds of FOD (Foreign Objects or Debris, for 'yall non-aviation types) and crap rolling around in there. It looked like 2 metal....well.....pieces, for lack of a better term, a nut, a washer, and some kind of filter thing that was attached to the strainer with a fishing lure. Any ideas on what this stuff is.......

Attachments

Tackettr

Those plates are from the bottom of your "In-tank" pump. You will need to pull it and check/repair it. Not sure what that filter is or its purpose. Just know it's not suppose to be in there!

Your internal pump "in-tank" probably doen't work, unless those parts are from a previous pump. Do a search for internal or in-tank pump to see how to fix it.

The filter thing, I would just throw it in the trash. Again no clue what the person was thinking on that one.

Last edited:

goatowner

I noticed soon after I got my deuce that it had loose pieces of metal in it as well. It has been running well up to now so I haven't cleaned it out yet. My gamagoat tanks were a little dirty when I cleaned them out but there were no unusual object in them.

TenTires

Yeah Tackettr, I was worried about that. My pump fuse was blown when I got it and I just replaced it and its been working fine ever since. I never even thought to look and see if the bottom of the pump had come off. As far as the water/bug tester thing goes jimm1009, I work on planes too but we never had anything like this. I guess either our tanks arent big enough (they hold 12,400 lbs) or we just sample the crap out of them and never needed anything like this. Is it something that Im going to have to change?

Tackettr

Ten Tires,
You said you put a new fuse in and its been working ever since. Are you sure? Just because it starts making noise doesn't mean it's working. Just the motor is. If those are the parts for that pump then all it's doing is making noise. I have been told that a duece will run fine with out it pumping and know for a fact that one of mine did. They say you will only need it when you lose prime, like changing filters.

I would drain the tank, pull the pump, get all the FOD out, and see what shape your pump is in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks