• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what kind of pyrometer are you using?

212sparky

I am looking to install a pyrometer in my truck and read some threads about them burning up. what kind did you install and roughly did you pay for it.

shannondeese

I am running an Isspro. For the first couple months it was fine. Now it bounces around for the first 10 minutes then settles out fine. And the light works when it wants to. Sometimes it's on right away then others it won't turn on at all. THe glitches are not enough to make me want to take the time to change it out.

steelandcanvas

Here are the 2 items I purchased from Hewitt Industries in California. I am very happy with both instruments, no hassels at all. I even ordered black faces, white numerals, and lighting provided by red LEDs to mimmick the instrument panel in my Deuce. The price was right around $200 shipped. I noticed they don't show the 0-20 PSI Boost Gauge in their catalog, I believe I contacted the factory, and they made up the 0-20 for me, and installed the 24 Volt LEDs. The factory was very pleasant to work with, the custom order didn't phase them in the slightest, and they were familiar with MV installations. I did have to order the gauge panel from Jegs or Summit Racing. Also the Pyrometer did not require external power to operate, install the probe in the manifold, wire it back to the gauge and you're done.

Pyrometer, 250° Sweep, 0°F/1600°F

Turbo Boost Pressure Gauge, 0-30 psi

Attachments

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used Isspro. The only pain with the isspro is it requires a 12 volt source for the "amplifier" for the gauge. I called them up because i noticed they offered a 24 volt unit also, but to convert it, they just sent me a ziner diode (spelling?) that drops the 24 volts down to 12. It seems to work good and i would buy from them again. The isspro boost gauge i used has a 0-15psi scale. ill never go over 15lbs, so it makes it easier to read when then needle has farther to move and uses more of the scale. both gauges, tubing kit, pyrometer probe, weatehrpack pyrometer connector wire and 2 gauge cups were around $275 if i recall.

Maverick1701

I am researching installing some gauges in my M35A2. The issue I am finding is that I can't find a mounting location I like (the pictures I have seen look a bit awkwardly installed and don't really blend in with the vehicle).

Has anyone on this forum ever looked into running a marine MFD as their mapping/gauge cluster? (I haven't found anything via the search)
NMEA2000 is plug/play and companies offer everything from EGT sensors, fluid sensors (pressure & temp), to boost, and more...and you get mapping features on top of all that. I think it would be a bit expensive when compared to installing a simple pyro/boost guage....but fun if I had extra money to blow on cool projects.

Last edited:

TsgtB

not totally, itll show boost, but as diesels generally don't suck........that side won't be used
I've seen one on a deuce (here in some older pages), I wonder if it would pull a higher-negative while going downgrade, near over rev territory.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks