• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What model is it

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found a couple of pictures of this 809 series but I have never seen one with a pole-setter on the back. The wheel cut outs on the bed don't look right. Maybe it is just an optical illusion.

Frankenstein?

Any ideas?

5ton-2.jpg5ton-1.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen the body on the 939 series cargo wheelbase. That's on an M818 or M817 chassis for sure. The 2 that I have seen are Seabees trucks. Can't find pics right now!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I've seen the body on the 939 series cargo wheelbase. That's on an M818 or M817 chassis for sure. The 2 that I have seen are Seabees trucks. Can't find pics right now!
the truck is NOT a 818/817, does not have a right side fuel tank, looks like a 813 or a 809 as the base truck.

The reason the wheel cutouts are off is because that body was built for a deuce that has a 12' bed, the 813 has a longer wheel base for a 14' bed

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found this googling. I think it's a auger the military used on different platforms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxNWHrdPW-0
I got to preview these 2 at Gulfport SeaBee base along with another that had the lube/fuel bed. Cool trucks in great shape. The flat beds were straight with no wheel cut outs on the m939's I saw.

They also had all the gizmos for a front winch and rear hydraulics for the auger bed that looked totally diff than a wrecker set up.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who knows why the cutouts are where they are. That is not the polesetter body from a deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks