• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What product works for 383 green on exhaust pipe?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've read that CARC is not supposed to be applied to parts that get hot so what did the military do and what can I do to paint my exhaust stack with a green that will last?
Is there a high heat product that works and matches well enough?

TheQuaker

Not sure what they used at the factory but I had good results using Rustoleum High Temp primer and then top coating with my color of choice.

Rustoleum says it's good to 2000F and it worked on my new exhaust pipe on my 923. No discoloration or peeling paint...

Edit...But I did paint the primer coat and final coat and then waited 2 weeks for them to cure before installing them on my truck...

snowtrac nome

back in the late 80s the military had a high heat paint don't ask me the nsn cause I cant remember I painted a whole generator with it and it looked pretty good .

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since Deuce pistons start melting at around 1200-1300 degrees F and the exhaust temps by the time it gets to the J pipe are about 100 degrees F less, anything that is good to 1500 F will do fine IMHO.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks