• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What size viton o-ring for Scepter fuel can spouts?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The big Viton o-ring inside the cap of my Scepter military fuel can spouts are cracked and leak. Does anyone know what size o-ring to buy? Thanks!

These (picture from internet):
1624636359886.png

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The outer diameter of the part that it fits on is 55mm, and since you have a broken one, you should be able to measure the diameter of the ring itself. With those two numbers, you should be able to go to Grainger or McMaster-Carr and find an O-ring that would fit. That is what I would do.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The outer diameter of the part that it fits on is 55mm, and since you have a broken one, you should be able to measure the diameter of the ring itself. With those two numbers, you should be able to go to Grainger or McMaster-Carr and find an O-ring that would fit. That is what I would do.
I hoping that with the prevalence of the these gas cans, someone actually already knows the answer. If not, then yes, the guesswork will begin.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m not sure about the size but I wound up just buying mine from a guy down west of you in brooksville that sells pretty much any thing for the cans. I had ordered the Viton O rings and replacement cap flanges and seals from him. the orings were 3.95 a piece. The website was jagtmte.com. If I can remember I’ll measure a extra I have when I get home.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here’s what I came up with.
Based on the measurements above (0.210" cross section, ~2.00" ID), and according to these charts...

... it looks like it's one of these close options:
  • USA Standard - #329: 0.210" cross section, 1.975" ID
  • USA Standard - #330: 0.210" cross section, 2.100" ID
  • Metric Common - 5.3x50: 5.3mm (0.209") cross section, 50mm (1.969") ID
Scepter is a Canadian company. It doesn't look like Canada is a fully metric country ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_in_Canada ). Any guesses?

Last edited:

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well with what SCSG-G4 said about the diameter of the spout being 55mm which crosses over to a 2.165. I’d say any of the three you had already shown would work. The difference in my opinion would be negligible. Biggest thing is not to get one with too small of a inner diameter, sure it’ll fit tight but it’ll stretch the o-ring and reduce its cross section and reduce the sealing capabilities.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks