• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What???

Rocco

Can someone tell me What #1 in the picture is
and #2 I think is a starter relay?
Well the problem is when I try to start the truck
There is no power going to anything now and the gauges show nothing
I will try to start it and nothing happens I turn it off and the motor will try to turn
over a couple of times and the it stops. I think it may be these things in the picture?

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
#2 is horn realy i think, #1 is the engine protective control box

jason@snakeriver

Your problem is the # 1 engine control box. There are 2 relays inside that give you problems. The last one I bought ran about $300.00 from Memphis, or there is an article in MV mag, issue # 102 on page 100 about rebuilding the box.
If it is bad, you have to sit there and switch it back and forth untill it decides to work. When it hits, the guauges will work and then it might decide to let you start the engine. However it can kick out at any time.
Tom @ Snake River

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ditto to what Tom said. My PCB in my 923A2 went out and if I clicked it enough it would work every once in a while. I got my new one from John Winslow. I think it was around $200. We have complained about the bad design numerous times here on SS. Do a search and you will find our previous gripes.

Cdub

I also carry a spare Protective Control Box in the truck with me at all times.........

You never know when one will kick the bucket..........!!!

Cheers,

C'dub

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks