• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's a good spin on fuel filter adaptor kit for the M939

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to replace the giant canister/primary filter setup with a kit that will bolt right on to the three existing mounting holes and use a nice spin on fuel water separator filter . Any suggestions?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

FLEETGUARD FS1000 is a 10 micron fuel water seperator.
Fleetguard FS105 is a 20micron fuel filter
Fleetguard FS1001 is a 140 micron fuel filter

fpchief

Does the three mounting holes stand off enough to mount it direct or does a mount have to be fabbed?

Superthermal

[/QUOTE]
Do you suggest running two of the same filters in parallel? Such as dual FS1000 filters?
When placing this inline what should the original fuel lines be replaced with? What ID is the stock tubing? (I have seen in other posts that "home Depot" has parts that can be used... What tubing OD/ID am I looking for and what are the fittings that work best under the suction and are fuel resistant? If there is a write up here in SS somewhere I am missing it.
Is the pickup tube removable or is it welded and is there need to modify it to minimize problems too?

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I would run an FS1000 and FF104/105.

I run a FF105, then FS1212, then a FS1000 on the pump just for longevity of filter life.

Reactions: 98G

Superthermal

I would run an FS1000 and FF104/105.

I run a FF105, then FS1212, then a FS1000 on the pump just for longevity of filter life.
With the three filters in series does that cause any issues with the lift pump wearing out faster from the extra "work"?
To monitor the status of the filters is there a vacuum gauge that is placed in a "T" with the suction tube into the tank so you can see the suction dropping off? Is there a better way to monitor the filters and to help troubleshoot fuel delivery issues at the same time? If so what vacuum is it that is typical to see from a lift pump on a NHC250?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks