• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's the different between 135 and 156 HP on 6.2 Diesel M1008

PHOENIX-GER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all,
since I am looking around the M1008 found I different information about the HP. I thought only one version of 6.2 Diesel 115 KW / 156 HP and TH400 automatic transmission like ours. But I heard now often about 135 HP for that engine on the M1008. What is the difference? Or is it a false information?

Ausschnitt KFZ Brief HP.jpg

Barrman

The military supposedly all got the J code engines with the higher rating. Some of the civilian trucks got the lower rather EGR engine.

Open intake J code. EGR in the middle under the air filter lower power.

LT67

J Code engine without the EGR valve, but otherwise the same. I have heard where the military version had the injection pump turned up, but I honestly cannot confirm.

PHOENIX-GER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The military supposedly all got the J code engines with the higher rating. Some of the civilian trucks got the lower rather EGR engine.

Open intake J code. EGR in the middle under the air filter lower power.
Thanks for Information. Find this 135 HP on offered military trucks in advertisments in Germany. The correct engine specifications can be see in the official car documents on the VIN Number. Usually not shown in the advertisments.

PHOENIX-GER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
EGR takes a lot of Power .... so I prefer the J Code. I am already restricted in Germany of environment areas where this old Dieselengines not allowed to pass if Emissions this forced. I could try to got the german historical vehicle licence (more than 30 years after build) but this have also restrictions but allow to cross environment areas. Don't ask me of the logic behind such laws....

PHOENIX-GER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When your laws go crazy, you always can register car in other EU country, who dont f**** you. :)
Register in another country will not change anything of the restriction if you want drive here the car. No mind from where you come. Maybe you be lucky and pass out of control.... but if you be controlled than it will be expensive. Today we can all still live with this as the Emissions still not reached to close the area for us. But one day maybe it changed. Talking about that is for several big Citys to hold the diesel truck and cars outside. It is a big discussion here also the same for speedlimits on Highways.

Keith_J

The label on the air filter housing shows the horsepower and injection quantity. It is 155 Hp on my M1031.

The TM shows high temperature and altitude derating.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks