• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's this do on my 936 Wrecker?

WildernessJeep

I got my wrecker with none of the BII, and have been trying to put it back to mostly correct. What's this vertical post in the center of the picture? It's between the rear hydraulic winch and controls. Looks like some BII mounts there somehow, but what? Seems pretty stout, and doesn't appear to have wear marks or movement on it.

Also, does anyone have a diagram or photo of how all the long pieces fit in the bed? Yes, I checked the manual.

20200801_102846.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I got my wrecker with none of the BII, and have been trying to put it back to mostly correct. What's this vertical post in the center of the picture? It's between the rear hydraulic winch and controls. Looks like some BII mounts there somehow, but what? Seems pretty stout, and doesn't appear to have wear marks or movement on it.

Also, does anyone have a diagram or photo of how all the long pieces fit in the bed? Yes, I checked the manual.

View attachment 808361

That bar is for the "feet" that support the boom for heavy lifting. You should have one on each side of the winch. Those boom supports look a lot like the poles in the foreground of your picture - but are considerably longer.

Picture below... (ignore my winch, it is different than yours)

M936 Feet 01.jpg

M936 Feet 02.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

View attachment 808361

A little more information... TM9-2320-272-24P-2 seems to do a better job of showing parts and part numbers. I have not found a BI list (yet). I do have a couple of pictures to share from somebody on here that posted them when I was trying to figure out what to look for. The Wiffle Tree is that small spreader bar looking thing just below the bolt cutters.

BI Basic Issue M936 - 1.jpg

BI Basic Issue M936 - 2.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

View attachment 808361

A little more info: Those heavy metal plates are "Boom Jack Base Plates" Stock #2540-00-040-2299 (2 required). The book you really want that has the BI listed out for your M936 is TM-9-2320-272-10HR

If you don't find it on here, don't hesitate to PM me and I will email it. It is a 20pg document that has the BI for several trucks listed out.

Who knows, with a little time maybe I can figure out out to get it posted if it isn't already...

WildernessJeep

A little more information... TM9-2320-272-24P-2 seems to do a better job of showing parts and part numbers. I have not found a BI list (yet). I do have a couple of pictures to share from somebody on here that posted them when I was trying to figure out what to look for. The Wiffle Tree is that small spreader bar looking thing just below the bolt cutters.

View attachment 808381

View attachment 808382

I've seen those photos before (and I'm working towards getting the full kit). I just don't know where they all go or in which compartments. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out where the long poles go in the bed with the most efficiency. Anyone have a picture of their bed with BII?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A little more info: Those heavy metal plates are "Boom Jack Base Plates" Stock #2540-00-040-2299 (2 required). The book you really want that has the BI listed out for your M936 is TM-9-2320-272-10HR

If you don't find it on here, don't hesitate to PM me and I will email it. It is a 20pg document that has the BI for several trucks listed out.

Who knows, with a little time maybe I can figure out out to get it posted if it isn't already...
Liberated Manuals has it : https://www.liberatedmanuals.com/TM-9-2320-272-10-HR.pdf

WildernessJeep

Right, I have the manual (really just a listing of hand receipts). My question is where does it all go? The forward tool boxes are obvious for smaller things (tackle pulleys) but where does the tow bar go? I see some strap mounts and things for the long poles, but which long poles? The bracing poles must go on the driver's side, but are they supposed to stack up against the wall or lay flat? Where does the whiffletree stow?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've seen those photos before (and I'm working towards getting the full kit). I just don't know where they all go or in which compartments. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out where the long poles go in the bed with the most efficiency. Anyone have a picture of their bed with BII?
I understand. I would have expected there to be a specific layout too. From what I have gathered with my conversations and from SS members - the wrecker is different.

I do have two small pieces of "angle iron" welded to the bed on the driver's side. About 6 inches tall. It appears that the Boom Jacks (long poles) lay against the outside of the bed behind those (bent in my case) pieces of metal. With all the scuff marks in the bed of my truck I can only guess that the tow bar lays there too.

If you get real information I too would love to know.

Canadian Gunner

View attachment 808381

View attachment 808382
Where did you find your pulleys?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I found mine at a local wrecker shop that was closing down. He had 6 and I grabbed them all. They had bounced around in various tool pockets for years - so they looked a little "shop worn". I disassembled them, cleaned them up with MEK because I had a couple of gallons, wire brushed them, then painted with 383 Green. In hind sight I should have spent the time and effort to sandblast them, but the old scuffs under the paint give them character... :cool: The amazing part is that the brand of snatch blocks were what the military buys!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks