• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where did you go?

68t

well, we drove to a memorial day event, 3 car shows. 4th of july parade. next question is what up for your Veterans day event. We having 2 parades. Then a big cook out at the VFW and cold beer. :beer: [ free the oppressed]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
About the only sizeable ride was the GA Rally, about 620 miles each way. Lesft with 205 gallons of fuel, returned with about 15.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haspin Acres in Indiana, 747 miles each way, VA rally, 498 miles each way, GA rally, 158 miles each way. So 2806 miles JUST to go to and return from rallies. Not to mention the other milage of the dozen or so deuces I've picked up for people, hauling material for the RR museum, etc, etc. I've put almost 7,000 on the xm818 since I got it last november. I've already worn out the set of NDT's that were on the truck when I got it, and the driver seat bottom WORE OUT.

Getting ready next Thursday to help a friend recover a m814 from NJ, that will be another 600 or so miles.

I do a fair bit of MV driving... :driver:

Last edited:

reb87

Brought the m920 home from Louisiana, M989 from South Dakota,m915a1 from Topeka hauled around 200000 bu corn and soybeans with the m915,915a1,m818 and m920...gotta haul a bunch more before years end...and pick up another m915a1 in topeka and marine 650 kawasaki from iowa....harvest over today or tomorrow...

dittle

7 parades around Minneapolis area, several trips pulling/hauling stuff, poofstalk (300 miles each way)

markmontana

MV trips in 2010: (only counting trips over 200 miles)

Barstow CA to Salt Lake (x3 M35A2)
Ft McCoy WI to Salt Lake (x2= M35A3 & M1009)
Rapid City SD to Salt Lake (M35A2)
Ft Leonard Wood MO to Salt Lake (M185A3)

Couple more in the works- Rapid City to Salt Lake and Barstow to Salt Lake

armytruck63

Nowhere, trying to concentrate on keeping my costs as low as possible and keeping a roof over my head.:(

Pinzgauer is non-op'd right now because I can't afford to register it.

91W350

I am happy to say that I really cannot remember them all. The most enjoyable for me would be the back roads historical springs tour. I just cannot get enough of that great old history.

The longest trip was Salt Lake City.

Several trips to the Lake of the Ozarks.

I had at least one of my CUCVs in Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, New Mexico, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas.

When I look back at all the good times my two white shepherds and I had in the M1009 this summer.... I am thankful for those times.

I motored on the Oregon Trail, the Santa Fe Trail, the BOD line, the Chisholm Trail, the Military Trail, followed the Pony Express and Pike's Express. I even chased a little of the Lewis and Clark Expedition.

It is amazing to me how much fun can be had with a rattling old Chevrolet, a little research and a hundred dollars worth of diesel fuel. Thanks for the nice post, lots of good memories.

As the sun was setting this evening, I had the boys out east of town. This huge weather system that has been disrupting our nation this week, had the dry cottonwood leaves rustling in the wind. It was awesome, like a series of waterfalls, a steady, yet gentle roar. We walked along the creek for a while, then I just sat in the M1009 and let the wind blow through, while the boys burned off the rest of their energy. They came back tongues hanging long and ready to go home for a nap. A great start for the weekend and a great wind down after a long hard week at work.

Glen

Jimma

I drove about 125 miles each way to a parade in Blue Ridge, GA for the 4th of July. Drove about 100 miles each way to a rally in Kennesaw, GA, rode approx 100 miles in a tribute ride for fallen Marines in Star, SC and drove 68 miles each way to the GA rally. I also drove all over my rural section of NE Georgia.

Barrman

May 1st until now I put:

800 miles on the M35A2 going to air shows, parades and just driving around.

200 miles on the M35 Gasser doing parades and just driving around.

1000 miles on the M715 making parts runs and just driving around.

After driving 800 miles round trip to get the M1009 in June, it has gotten over 5000 miles of use taking me to teacher conferences all over the state, LSMVPA meetings, a M715 gathering 500 miles away, parts runs, Scout summer camp and regular camp outs and just driving around. The M101A2 got pulled along for about 800 of those miles.

The M715 is going to make a 250 mile round trip next week to Ft. Sam for a GL pickup and then get towed 120 miles to and from the Bryan/College Station Rally behind the M35A2.

I just don't feel right driving a vehicle with a radio, a/c, carpet and no air or water leaks it seems.

pvtjorge

I didn't put as many miles on the MV as I would have liked to. But I did do a couple of convoys. A 100 miler then a 65 miler. I drove it locally a few times on the less traveled country roads for probably 25 - 40 miles. I took it to the Gulf of Mexico and rode up and down the beach for a couple hours.

toddm

I did the 4th of July parade in my town, drove the Deuce 130 miles each way to Iola, did the Homecoming parade, went to Poofstalk 25 miles each way, then the truck went to storage ( about 20 miles) for the winter.

Akicita

Longest trip so far was bringing the Deuce home (about 160 miles).

Made many local trips and raked up over 1,000 miles in the last 6 months doing that.

Also took the truck to work several times. It gets some attention in the parking lot but most of the people are "big city people" and they don't appreciate my country Cadillac.

Best trip was this weekend. Took the Deuce to a new meat supplier to pick up a bunch of dog food, and saw he had a Deuce. Guess what we talked about ... Eventually we got around to the meat, too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks