• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where is the best deal on DOT 5 brake fluid these days?

trider

I am needing to bleed the brakes on my deuce and a half truck as I was told by the guy who bobbed my truck he thinks there may be some water in the lines. I am planning on building a power bleeder so I am not sure how much fluid I will need. The local parts stores want $30.00 a quart for it. Is this the going rate these days? If so maybe I should switch to DOT 3.

Jeepsinker

If you switch to dot3 you will have major problems because dot3 absorbs water from the air. You need to stay with dot5. I've seen one gallon cans for around$60 on some of the surplus dealer sites. Peashooter also has a source for good priced fluid.

Gypsyman

Kicking up an old one. Prices locally are insane on DOT 5 and it looks like Iris Industries is long gone. Any leads on current brake fluid suppliers in todays market? Coming up on a full service on all 3 axles and I might as well do brakes while I'm in there.

Gypsyman

After reaching out to a few suppliers I was surprised to get a reply from Olga at Iris Industries. Apparently they are still around but closed their GoDaddy website. With her permission here is the current contact information for Iris Industries. Just ordered a gallon of DOT 5 from them.

Hope it's okay to post it here for future reference.

Olga Iris Acevedo
Iris Industries Inc
46 Route 156 Suite#1
Yardville, NJ 08620
Tel: 609-228-3080
Cell: 609-972-2265
Email: Irisincorporated@aol.com

FloridaAKM

Try Matswarehousedeals.com for bottles of Dot 5 brake fluid in 11 ounce containers @ $2.50 ea for 4 or more. I just bought a gallon of Dot 5 fluid for $42.00 including shipping.

If we try, I'll bet we will buy out their stock quickly with this little gem of info from another member here who found this deal. He got his fluid in about 5 days & is happy with it. Mine was ordered this morning & should arrive early next week.

Gypsyman

I'm not familiar with that brand but that is a great deal in todays market. Does anyone know how much is required for a full refill plus some extra for bleeding? I'm guessing that a gallon should do it but I want to cover my bases.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks