Where to buy 15x8 CUCV Wheel

Gurney

So I got my M1009 awhile ago and it came with 3 wheels and the 4th was a pro comp with the wrong backspacing so it only works on the rear axle. I would love to have a 4th matching wheel but I can't find any local and Summit and WheelVintiques don't have that size or backspacing either. . . Unless I'm blind. All the places I call suggest getting a 17" wheel because tires would be easier to find and possibly cheaper. . But that is not enough meat on the tire for what I want. Also since I am wanting to go 33" tires that's almost a low profile size for a 17" wheel. Any help would be appreciated. Or if there is a vendor that can ship them to AZ and what the cost would be that would be great as well :) Thank you in advance.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me check my rims, I ordered some "mud something" rims for a good price 15" and 8 lugs (14 bolt full float rear).

Gurney

Let me check my rims, I ordered some "mud something" rims for a good price 15" and 8 lugs (14 bolt full float rear).
Awesome. If I can't find a matching one 15x8 6 lug which I would really love to keep it original I will just get some Pro Comp 52 series. They are like $60 a wheel with the 3.75 backspacing as well. I didn't know these steel wheels would be so hard to find. But heck at this point I could probably sell them for more then what I would pay to get 4 Pro Comps. . . But ugh I want to keep the stock looks just with some bigger tires lol.

Thanks for checking.

Gurney

If you're in AZ, go to Jack's in Tuscon. Great guy and has plenty of what you want.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I will give him a call. I did find one locally. In a steel wheel graveyard. . Not exactly mint condition and he wants $175 for it. . . . Ugh

Jeepadict

I will give him a call. I did find one locally. In a steel wheel graveyard. . Not exactly mint condition and he wants $175 for it. . . . Ugh
Ouch!! Hopefully Jack is more reasonable. He hooked me up with a really fair price on a CUCV rear bumper assembly and has helped me with some refrence questions and pictures in other instances...definitely an asset to the MV community.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

cucvrus

Buy the $175. wheel. They are not easy to find and I have them at $150. in Pennsylvania with shipping it would be $200.+ Good Luck finding more that are decent. I had mine spun and checked, sand blasted, prime coated, and sprayed flat black. Not a flat black that is a finish but a flat black that sealed the primer and will need sanded and top coated.

Gurney

Yeah the local ones I've found are all white with rust, there is a guy selling 5 of them for $400. Which I guess isn't a bad deal but man. . . Yeesh. Thanks for all the help guys. I did find someone selling 4 33x12.5R15 General grabber MT's along with some Panther 15x8 rims for $400 obo. . . Given that the price of MT's has gone up like 30-40% in the last 4 months I might just pick those up. They aren't the tire or wheel I'm looking for but they are the size and all matching. . Might just get those and ride out the price increase. they are 11/32 tread depth so not to bad either.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks