• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to put unit markings on a goat ?

jason@snakeriver

I am painting my goat per Viet Nam era, just solid green with white markings.
On the front did the unit markings go above or below the channel iron bumper ? ?

Also, weren't diesel jerry cans tops painted yellow ? ? ?

KyCUCVs

TB 43-0209, page 4, figure 3 shows the unit markings for the Gamma Goat below the channel. This TB is available on the Steel Soldiers website under the Resources tab. Click on Technicial Manuals. It's on the third page of manuals.

I believe fuel can tops were painted yellow if they carried diesel fuel back in the day when the Army still had a lot of MoGas (gasoline) powered vehicles. The Tech Manual on the fuel can (yes, there is a TM on a can!) is also located on Steel Soldiers. It doesn't mention any marking of the cans that I can find. Neither does TB 43-0209.

I've been to Gowan Field outside of Boise for an M1 Abrams NET training course. Beautiful state.

Last edited:

jason@snakeriver

If you thought Idaho was beautiful by coming to Boise and going south in the desert in an Abrams, geeze dude, you need to come back and see the rest of the state.

Thanks for the info. Tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks