• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whey Oil in Deuce?

bebyb

Hello all, I am new to the forum and have my eye on a multifuel deuce. I am a machinist and the boss told me I could have all of the waste whey oil and other machine oils to burn in it, if it will burn them. So my question is, will they burn these oils? Mostly whey and a type called DT24.

Thanks!

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers!

You probably meant to say way oil... Yes, a Multifuel engine will burn it, as well as hydraulic oils, like your DTE24.
The only problem is that the stock fuel system in our Deuces wasn't really designed for much higher viscosity fuels - compared to diesel. So, what you can do is burn a 50/50 mixture of diesel with other oils, or somehow preheat your alternative fuels, if you want to use them undiluted.

G.

bebyb

Welcome to Steel Soldiers!

You probably meant to say way oil... Yes, a Multifuel engine will burn it, as well as hydraulic oils, like your DTE24.
The only problem is that the stock fuel system in our Deuces wasn't really designed for much higher viscosity fuels - compared to diesel. So, what you can do is burn a 50/50 mixture of diesel with other oils, or somehow preheat your alternative fuels, if you want to use them undiluted.

G.
Haha yeah, I did mean way, it was late at night haha. Well that is good to know. They say I can use as much as I want because it saves them money, so if this truck becomes a reality that is what I will do. Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks