• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which mobilizer goes with this shelter, also recovery of same

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
No date plate other than Craig s/n and it was shelter for the AN/TRC-32 radio set. The question I have are these brackets for a mobilizer if so which one or are they for something else? The lower bracket is 18.5"off the ground and the upper is 74" I have a M720 mobilizer but it is a no-go. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Anyways for the recovery this was at a COE site on the banks of the Mighty MO east of KC. Mike from GL was there and got the COE to use a track hoe and chains to lift it and put in on the trailer. When KCCLAY and I got back to the barn we unloaded it Flintstones style, jacked up the corners slid some cammo poles and litter poles that I was scrapping under it and it rolled right off. Shelter has basically the dimensions of a 280, it is all aluminum and I really like the old school corrugations in the side panels.

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
more pictures

I lucked out and found the cap for the vent hole inside after we got home. Nobody has any ideas on if those are mobilizer brackets ?
Did a quasi restore on a data tag I found under the deck plates that explains part of it. Glad it was an old school etched plate, cleaned it 0000 steel wool and thinner, sprayed on light coat of flat black, oven at 200 for an hour then sand with an emery board. Not mint but very readable.

Attachments

Last edited: