• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

White front marker lights

Plasa

Hello forum.
I want to re-use the original marker lights on my M1078, but in Europe the front marker lights need to be white and not amber. Does anyone know if the glass exist also in white, and if so where can be buyed?

Thanks and regards from Italy

Christian

coachgeo

Hello forum.
I want to re-use the original marker lights on my M1078, but in Europe the front marker lights need to be white and not amber. Does anyone know if the glass exist also in white, and if so where can be buyed?

Thanks and regards from Italy

Christian
You speaking of the lights on top of cab etc? Think they are a standard commercial truck light and not anything military specific. Thus look around at commercial trucks of similar era in your area and see if you get a glimpse of the same frame with white plastic. Once you know the truck then you should be able to search from there.

UPDATE- Was curious myself so did a net search. Ended up discovering the term ( armored marker light) brought up the best results. Try that (in italian?) and see what you come up with

if all else fails.... find you a friendly 3d printing junky? There is 3d printing filaments that are opaque. Maybe they could print you an opaque lens and just use a clear bulb after that. IFFF it can handle the heat.... Might update to LED if that is a concern

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have some marker lights with white. I work all weekend, send me a PM mon evening and ill see what I can dig up for you.

Plasa

Hello
Thank you for your answer. Yes, tried to find something, I also find the original manufacturer of the lights. But they produce it only in amber and red... Problem is the armored version, it' not easy to find...

Thank you and have a nice day!

You speaking of the lights on top of cab etc? Think they are a standard commercial truck light and not anything military specific. Thus look around at commercial trucks of similar era in your area and see if you get a glimpse of the same frame with white plastic. Once you know the truck then you should be able to search from there.

UPDATE- Was curious myself so did a net search. Ended up discovering the term ( armored marker light) brought up the best results. Try that (in italian?) and see what you come up with

if all else fails.... find you a friendly 3d printing junky? There is 3d printing filaments that are opaque. Maybe they could print you an opaque lens and just use a clear bulb after that. IFFF it can handle the heat.... Might update to LED if that is a concern

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks