• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who has but a 4BT in a cucv ?

ODdave

Ok, So I accuired a couple of 4bt's with the GM th400's behind them. Both run great (less than 70k on each) and I would like to put one in my dads 1009 as his 6.2 hates to start. Has anyone on here done this yet? I saved all of the engine mounts from the p-vans they where in. I am just curious If it is pretty straight forward or if it is quite in depth. The 6bta in my 1028 was a chore and im not looking to exert that much work agin any time soon. Thanks.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Checkout 4btswaps.com

Many people have done it it many types of vehicles. Even a 1972 Chevy Monte Carlo.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it was a Frito Lay or Granny Goose van, they will be at around a 5 degree tilt but it'll still fit. Lots more room too.

ODdave

Yes they are from the chip trucks, they have a 15 degree clock to them. I was curious if anyone on here has done it, If they kept the dual alts? I will check out the 4btswaps page as well. I would love to put a 700r4 behind it but is gonna be hard to let the sweet aluminum trans pan for the 400 go...

bshupe

You'll want to keep track of engine weight vs. CUCV front suspension especially on a 25 yo truck. Just budget in new springs with your engine swap plans.

Please be sure to post pics too. :D

ajsmith184

I think youre asking for an endpless pile of headaches. My buddy just put one in a 69' chevy 3/4 ton. Obviously not hard to bolt an engine in, but getting all the bugs figured out has taken a long time. On top of that, now he's struggling with it because it weighs so much more than the original big block that was in it. He has gotten it running right...But looking back, he said he'd never do it again.

deathrowdave

installing a 4bt into a 79 Dodge Power Wagon , weight is near 750Lbs . it should be fine with 4 inch lift springs. I used 6 bt 1st gen springs in mine. There pre made kits to install 4 bt into Gm trucks . Oil Pan clearance is the big issue that I see .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks