• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who's in Wisconsin?

Josh429er

Hey guys, I'm looking for someone in Wisconsin with a deuce or similar mv, to kinda show me around. Educate me a little on the hassles of owning a big vehicle like that.

I've been doing a ton of reading for awhile now. But obviously there's no reading that will compare to being in the flesh with a deuce.

I'm just north of Milwaukee, if anyone wants to help me out that would be great.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There a lot of guys up your way, just look down the page at Similar Threads. I come up once a year to the Iola rally and really enjoy it. Welcome to the site.

dogtags

Hey guys, I'm looking for someone in Wisconsin with a deuce or similar mv, to kinda show me around. Educate me a little on the hassles of owning a big vehicle like that.

I've been doing a ton of reading for awhile now. But obviously there's no reading that will compare to being in the flesh with a deuce.

I'm just north of Milwaukee, if anyone wants to help me out that would be great.
Josh,

Come on up to Miltary Veterans Museum and Education Center's John E. Kuenzl Motor Pool in Oshkosh some Thursday night from 6-9PM. That's when we have shop night. We would be happy to answer any questions you might have. I'll PM you my contact info if you want to talk more.

~Robert

Last edited:

nchittendon

I just bought my first Deuce! I'm in La Crosse, WI. Found one guy in my area so far. About 40 minutes north of me. There is a deuce that sits next to an apartment downtown, but I never see it move, and haven't tried to establish contact yet.
Anyone know of any more Wisconsinites on Wisconsin's West Coast?

GIJoeCzar

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Motor Pool in Oshkosh???

Huh, this is right in my own backyard and I've never heard of it. Every Thursday night from 6-9pm? Where is this located? Thanks:)

Josh,

Come on up to Miltary Veterans Museum and Education Center's John E. Kuenzl Motor Pool in Oshkosh some Thursday night from 6-9PM. That's when we have shop night. We would be happy to answer any questions you might have. I'll PM you my contact info if you want to talk more.

~Robert

trukhead

I have an M35A3 and an M931A2 and a bunch or CUCVs I would like to flip. The biggest hassle of owning MVs is parking them if you don't have a place to park them. Servicing them is a whole other path to follow. I have found knowledgeable people that are reasonable to pay.

The Wisconsin titling and licensing laws have become very favorable recently in part due to the efforts of two diligent gentlemen. Look up the thread and pay them some respect! See this thread: Good Change Coming In Wisconsin

This gentleman is a great resource as well: JBL Services - Fort McCoy, Wisconsin

I may check out the gathering at the motor pool referred to in a previous post.

:driver:

mhatfield

This threads a few months old now, I realize, but glad to see Wisconsin Deuce owners. Particularly because I am now moving to DePere in October. Any members want to swap contact info prior to my trip?

dogtags

I live in Appleton, about 25 minutes south of De Pere. I am the current President of Military Veterans Museum down in Oshkosh. I can give you a private/behind the scenes tour someday if you would like.

~Robert

mhatfield

Well, with an invitation like that, who could refuse! :) I'm planning the move for 1 October and assuming the Deuce doesn't get cranky on the trip ( She's been taking it easy on me because she knows I'm new to MV's I think) I should be settled in by 7 Oct. PM me your contact info and we can keep in contact. Mike

tlmob1

I'm up here in Door County about 7 minutes north of Dykesville. We have quit a few guys with military vehicles. I'm restoring a 52 M135 Duece and a 51 M104 trailer. I also have a 53 M104 Trailer that the Army converted it over to a M105A1 and a M105A3. We have a number of guys with MV up here in Door County I know of two who have half tracks and other vehicles.

mhatfield

well, this Wisconsin move is looking up. Down here in my neck of Missouri, there's a few deuces and 5 tons that seem to just sit untended on the highway with for sale signs. but nobody nearby seems to actually take em out and drive them. Nice to see Wisconsin's a little more active in that regard. I originally planned to move to N.C. but the female unit nixxed that idea for a year or two, and her job pays better than mine, so Wisconsin it is. Any of the green metal brigade know of a gunsmith position open in the green bay area besides Gander mtn?. My current MV is limited to the 67 M35A2 Kaiser ( now a halftrack could be fun! great idea, I'm sure my prettier half would even smile)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks