• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whose going to war and peace / beltring?

Augdog1964

Hey all,
Who in the Russian forum, will be at War and Peace / Beltring this year?

I'm going... would love to meet up and share ideas / info. I know Driver Neil will be there with his OT...

dmetalmiki

I will be there

Recovering from an op right now..hoped to set of tomorow friday. BUT! (unbelievably right at the last day b4 set off..)) let down by co driver and worker both, how I feel can't quite be described...anyway..my target is to be there next wednesday, as freinds (these being trusty ones!) ralliyng round to get me there with my truck and jeep..(A bar it and collect purchased trailer) put jeep on trailer..bring it home. (pics will be posted)....This would have been the experience of a lifetime...but my helper said.."I have things to do??!!""..I will be in the america's field in the corner near to the river path..M54 REO praga bodied..ww11 jeep..other vehicles tents..come and see us. Believe it or not the whole areas at Beltring are allready roped off, and a huge number of vehicles and camping set up. We got our pitch set up monday last!.

Aswayze

Tascabe is going to be there along with some of the East Bloc reenactors from the Red Alliance forum. He's already on the way now so you may well see him there.

He's doing an Afgan era Soviet impression and during the reenactment will be a PKM gunner.

Just talked to Brett, he says they are set up for plot C1 and C2. Drop him a line when you're there.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

so give us a look

Freind of many years is going with ruski stuff..and taking part in a re-enactment in the arena. So I'm guessing you all are camping together? he is going wednesday...I am going wednesday (deu to let downs) and will look for you..we are in the corner of the americas field..((thro the lights go right (round the field) we are are the second bend left.)) hope to see you all there.

warewolf

I will be there since Wednesday, just as a spectator. Will visit some friends, buy some stuff and hopefully have a lot of fun. :)
Unfortunately getting a military vehicle through five borders twice is way to expensive and complicated for a five day visit. :(

Augdog1964

Great!

Hope to see you guys over there... I can't imagine what 5 border crossings would be like with a vehicle!

On the Ukraine comment, I would love to work out a good and reliable working relationship with a contact in the Ukraine to get some vehicles out of there. My last conversation with a Czech contact was that they wouldn't go in to the Ukraine due to safety issues?? The hard part with us Westerners is we have a hard time sending $$ without knowing our unit will make it out of the country!

warewolf

I wanted to bring a Ural 375D or Zil 131 with radio body, but I would spend at least 4000 Euro just for transportation, plus what I spend on the spot (which probably will be a lot). Paperwork for trucks is quite easy as long as you leave all the radios at home. :)
But it is certainly a truck like these attracts a lot of attention. And I do not want that necessarily. ;)

PS. The easiest route from Poland to Beltring is trough Germany, Belgium, Holland, France and of course England. :)

USSR

Delivery trucks from Ukraine to the eastern port USA - 3500 $ (NY or NJ) and approximately 45-60 days ... to the West Coast 90 days and 4300-4500$ ...

Augdog1964

Wow

Wow,,,we just got back from Beltring...what a fantastic time we had! Great show Neil with the OT... Great to talk to Tascabe on BTRs... Fantastic afghan battle reenactment too:driver:. If you love these vehicles you must put this show on a bucket list!

Tascabe

Agreed - W&P is amazing!

Was there 9 days and still did not get to see everything in the detail I wanted.

Next year should be even better - 30 year anniversary and all the Germans with their Russian and EG trucks should be there.

Augdog1964

Trucks

Tascabe,

Why will next year have different participation?

We were concerned that the proximity of the show to the Olympics in London may cause a "skip" year for us...

Tascabe

Sorry for the late response - been absent form this forum for a while.

Anyway - there is a large group from Germany that only make it every other year with all their East Bloc goodies - GAZ-66s, Roburs, IFAs, UAZ etc.

So next year is an "on year" for them I guess.

Plus being the 30 year anniversary of the event I bet they draw more people/vehicles etc.

I am also a bit concerned about the Olympics being the week after W&P messing up travel plans.

I may just have to reroute to mainland Europe and catch a ride or train from there to avoid that mess in London.

I think W&P has made it on my permanent schedule to attend. At the very least every other year (matching up to the Germans and all their goodies:) )

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks