• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch drive

SixBuy

Got the daughter off on the honeymoon and ol' dad is back to work on the deuce! Discovered the missing link in the winch was the piece that connects the winch itself to the driveshaft! I'm guessing it must be a collar combined with a u-joint yoke because the mating end is the other half of the u-joint yoke ( without the u-bolts, naturally ). What's the chance a truck equipment house would have something like that or does anyone know of one lying around? Checked the Saturn Surplus list and didn't find anything but an entire winch driveshaft. Any ideas?

MVtrucker

I think that I have what you need, the collar that slides onto the winch input shaft that has the holes for the shear pin and the U-joint. The shaft I have is complete on the winch end, but missing the pto end connection. I also have the correct aluminum shear pins with cotter pins @ $6.00. The shaft is $50.00 plus UPS.

MVtrucker

Thanks, Bill. Right now it looks like I have everything he needs. He added several items to what he posted. Just waiting to hear from him so I can pack and get a UPS quote.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks