• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch identification wanted

ventryjr

Good morning,
I’m trying to identify this winch. I got it from a hydraulic repair shop as “rebuilt”. I’d like to get some info about how to plumb this and how the controls work? I’d either like to set it up to run off my 75hp skid steer hydraulics or just sell it and buy a different setup. If that’s my best route what’s a reasonable amount to ask for this setup? Thanks in advance.

90CC86AB-2D82-45E1-B5DE-315B9521F752.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the winch on the boom on the MK15 a guy here has. The upper end of the photo is the motor, the lower end is the hydraulic brake. If it has the hydraulic brake, my guess is it is a lifting winch, IE crane, boom, etc. Try looking in the TM for the MK15 and see if the numbers match.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks