• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Window, Door, Windshield weatherstrip, etc

USMC 00-08

USMC 00-08

I will be needing the same thing pretty soon, hope we get it figured out.
Steele Rubber is sending me samples of these to see if they are what we need for the doors.

http://www.steelerubber.com/door-weatherstrip-70-0145-73

http://www.steelerubber.com/side-roof-rail-weatherstrip-70-0155-65

I'll let you know if these work when they get here.

I'll keep looking for windshield seals just incase. I need to replace all that too along with the door window channel pieces.

Blake

image.jpg
This pic was taken on a new door. It is roughly 1/2" wide at the door and 3/4" wide at the shutting edge, by 9/16" thick at the outer edge.

USMC 00-08

Thank you Blake! Looks like what I have found is very close then. So far I haven't been able to find anything closer to the original.

hambone

That looks good! Did you use two windshield seals on each window? What seal did you use to hold the glass in the frame?
The guy that put my glass in the frames used some kind of sealant, it takes 3 m35 outer seals to do both frames, just have to trim to fit, it's quite time consuming working the seals into the groove.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gunfreak started a cool post on the window stripper needs for the G749 trucks. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?80294-How-to-Rust-proof-reseal-window-frames
Gunner must have a baby sitting on his knee and a new loop of responsibility. I miss his educational posts and researchability.

Glass setting tape can be used to mount the glass in the frames. As the G749 team has said, you need 3pc's - M35 window seals for the outside frame on the front windows so we need a source.

USMC 00-08

The samples from Steele came in today. Here are the pics.

The door weatherstrip is thicker but a little more narrow than the original.

100_2781.jpg100_2783.jpg

The roof rail weatherstrip does not fit as tightly as the original stuff, but may be as close as we can get. It would have to be glued in place.

100_2784.jpg100_2786.jpg

I'm going to keep doing some looking for a little bit here.

Maybe this isn't such a bad idea for everything but the roof rail.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...GMC-weather-stripping&highlight=weather+strip

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doing the search for "industrial automotive weather stripping" nets a selection of rubber suppliers like these guys...... http://www.automotivefairchild.com/

or a Canadian source..... http://www.mainrubbersupply.com/weatherstripping.html

We would probably protect the trucks a little better if we upgraded the existing weather stripping design and materials. It's a different story for that museum piece a guy might build but for 'motor-pool' on the roll, less leaky...good.

A guy just can't argue with Gunfreak's logic in this post.

"""""""""""""""Original NOS weather stripping is impossible to find, M35 series weatherstripping does work and is widely available, however from what i've seen it takes over $300 to replace everything. I can't justify that. $300 is 6 new tires for me. I found this stuff at home depot while cruising around yesterday.

Amazon.com: M-D Building Products 6635 Sponge Rubber Tape, 3/8-Inch-by-3/4-Inch-by-10 Feet, Closed Cell, Black: Home Improvement

Only I picked it up for under $4 a roll. You can find it in the department where they sell doors, trim and hasp locks and stuff. This exact size will work for your windshield frame, doors and window glass where they meet with the roof panels. Just remove the old crunchy weather stripping with a screwdriver or some other tool, clean out the channels and lay the foam in. Looks super professional and seals great.

$25 should do an entire cab. And it's made in the USA!"""""""""""""""'

USMC 00-08

I think the weather stripping around the door glass and the top are the same as the m35 or 5 ton .
I believe you are right. I am having a hard time finding who supplies it and where to get that exact stuff in the lengths we need. Any ideas?

We would probably protect the trucks a little better if we upgraded the existing weather stripping design and materials. It's a different story for that museum piece a guy might build but for 'motor-pool' on the roll, less leaky...good.

A guy just can't argue with Gunfreak's logic in this post.
Agreed

Look at Memphis Equipment site for m35 and it should be listed just needs cut down . when I ordered it was each strip by it's self It is nice stuff not like the rock hard stripping I chipped off .

USMC 00-08

I talked to Memphis the other day and seems they have what we need for a good price. They have a lot of things not listed on their website.

The roof rail weatherstripping is sold in 5 ft rolls and the price is currently about $1.87 a foot. The door weatherstripping is also sold in 5 ft rolls with a price of $2.08 a foot.

The parts man suggested using M923 windshield seals and said that they are 34 inches wide. I measured one of the windshields on the M135 and it is 34 inches wide. Seems like a good idea to me. They are priced at $24.10 each.

SturmTyger380

This is nice!! Based on what USMC suggested I ordered some M923 windshield seals from Memphis the other week. I had time this morning while it is raining to pull down one of my spare windshield frames, lay one of the new ones against it and it looks like it will fit really good. A little long for the vertical piece but that can be cut off!

M923 windshield seal -1.jpg M923 windshield seal -2.jpg M923 windshield seal -3.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks