• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Window moulding and Heater Ducting

TenTires

Hey! Anybody have any window moulding (rubber pieces on either side of the window frame) and/or a spare section of heater ducting laying around that they want to get rid of? Send me a PM if you do and we will work it out!
:-D

Ozarker

Has anyone tried commercially available weather stripping around their doors? Mine is in bad need of replacement, but milspec is too expensive.

TenTires

I dont have any "Menard's" around here. Is that just a hardware store like Lowes or Home Depot? That made me have a mini epiphany...Will dryer ducting work?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TenTires, you need to add your state to your location. It's a site requirement.

joec

Just because $200 is more, doesnt make $150 acceptable to pay for a $3 part.

I don't get it any more. Help with a answer then you get negative waves back..???

Did i say it was ? Just trying to help..

I give up going back into silent mode again..Better off!

:roll:

littlebob

Aircraft Spruce has a lot of different shapes of weatherstripping and sizes of ducting you might be able to use. I don't have a heater in mine and won't need the ducting, but I will need all of the door and windshield rubber at some point. At $150 or $200 a door I'm going to have to do without for a while.

littlebob

TenTires

I don't get it any more. Help with a answer then you get negative waves back..???

Did i say it was ? Just trying to help..

I give up going back into silent mode again..Better off!

:roll:
Not directing the "negative Waves" toward you joec, Im just frusterated at how expensive simple parts are and how cheap non expensive parts are, i.e. a set of mouldings for one side is $150-200 for 3 PIECES OF RUBBER but you can get a whole transmission in great shape for under $400. Hmm, do I spend my money on 6 pieces of rubber or a transmission (or any number of other items)? I shouldnt have to make that decision and I dont believe that I should have to settle for a $3 part costing me $150 simply because somebody is selling it @ a HIGHER price than Im already pissed about. Venting, thats all. Looking for support from other folks that are frusterated, not to start a fight or make somebody go "back into silent mode".

steelandcanvas

Not directing the "negative Waves" toward you joec, Im just frusterated at how expensive simple parts are and how cheap non expensive parts are, i.e. a set of mouldings for one side is $150-200 for 3 PIECES OF RUBBER but you can get a whole transmission in great shape for under $400. Hmm, do I spend my money on 6 pieces of rubber or a transmission (or any number of other items)? I shouldnt have to make that decision and I dont believe that I should have to settle for a $3 part costing me $150 simply because somebody is selling it @ a HIGHER price than Im already pissed about. Venting, thats all. Looking for support from other folks that are frusterated, not to start a fight or make somebody go "back into silent mode".

Tentires, You'll soon find out that some prices on items are not in the best interest of the buyer. Some of this stuff is rare, hard to find, or the guy just wants that price. There is alot of junk, and cheaply made copies of some parts, be careful. You will most likely learn the hard way. If you want to get $3 weatherstripping, by all means Sir, get it. If you want your M.V. to be as original as possible, well, that costs a little bit more. Some of these Gentlemen are purists with show quality vehicles, others are "motorpool ready", which seems to be the bulk of restoration interest. Some Guys just keep 'em rollin' and others don't care and are just plain "hacks". I personally am saving up to buy the $150 a door seals, but that's just me as I'm striving to make my truck motorpool ready. You want the "real deal" it'll cost you, you can also "fake it" and get along just fine. You choice Man, it's your ride.

TenTires

Yeah, youre totally right. I just dont like it! :-D And these are HISTORIC show vehicles to some, not just simple weekend playtoys (which, theres nothing wrong with that either). Im just trying to find a happy medium inbetween the two. I just think that if you can find a part that works exactly the same and looks close enough that the "normal" person would never know otherwise, while doing these vehicles the justice they deserve, why pay out of your behind for it?

rattlecan6104

I can understand what you guys are getting at, however it seems that there is more to the door kit than we are seeing, has anyone actually purchased the door kits and can give us a review of sorts on it, to really see if it is worth that money to a reasonable person. I for one need new seals all around, I can see daylight where my seals are, and you can imagine the ride on a rainy day, so this kind of info would be useful not only to me, but to us all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks